All Politicians and Business men are crooks

Hoosier is right. Of course not “all” just “most”. The title was not for accuracy purposes. It was to emphasize a point. Obviously, I am a business man however I’m not calling myself anything as negative as what you suggested.

I am a positive person :slight_smile: however I will still call a spade a spade. “Most” business owners and politicians are spades. And I don’t mean literally. So, you dont have to say,

“Real Estate Consultant said he himself is a spade. Lol. I AM a businessman and I am certainly not a spade. So, ALL businessmen are not spades. End of story!”

I think you know the difference, Unless of course I am wrong??

Or to summarize briefly: There is some intuition involved with any statement including “All Politicians and business men are crooks.” Come on if that was the case, than we would all be in a inflationary period where our economy is 13-14 trillion in size and the federal reserve prints out approximately 1 trillion that gets leveraged by the banks so that all the super rich stay rich and the others that have something to say about it are either Ron Paul or are stuck arguing semantics with individuals who don’t tackle any other problem than what is dished to them by the news stations or grammar teachers.

Of course not "all" just "most".

Equally RIDICULOUS! Obviously, you’re just on here trolling. Not all businessmen are crooks. Not Most. Not even a significant percentage. Most businessmen are hard-working that make a living honestly and with integrity. You haven’t put forth one bit of evidence to the contrary and you are simply WRONG!

Mike

I agree 100%. I dont get his agenda behind this thread (if there is one). If “most” business people were crooks, wouldnt this mean that business would be terrible in the US because of lack of trust and just… corruption? Common sense tells me yes…

Ok, lets go with the consensus. Lets do this: Both of you go out and rent properties and flip houses on a handshake. Maybe you do that already. If you do let me know where you work and live because I would rather reside there. Maybe you dont use certain tools to hedge the liars and lies aka credit reports, contracts, lawyers.

Ill put everything on paper and use the specified tools. Than we’ll talk again in a year.

If everyone is soo good than just do everything off a handshake over dinner. I would prefer doing that anyway.

Both of you go out and rent properties and flip houses on a handshake

Here’s a newsflash! When I rent properties, the tenants are NOT businessmen. So that doesn’t have anything to do with this thread. Furthermore, if you’re flipping houses to homeowners, that doesn’t have anything to do with businessmen either.

Mike

If thats how you want to justify it but thats really weak. I don’t even want to respond to that. You already know what I am going to say…

You never flipped a property to an investor?

You never financed a property form a bank which is a business entity hence forth employees business men.

Reason 3…

Reason 4…

I conceded, your right with one comment (maybe), the tenants might not be business men however, you “rent properties” and so you must have expenses…aka capital improvements, maintenance fees, mortgage payments. If you don’t, well done. Send me your E-book, I can learn from you. If you do, send me your E book and Ill confirm exactly what you disagreeing with here. The last time I checked they all require a business man on the other side. There is a transaction that is carried out for each expense.

On a side note, since you like semantics: Thats funny you responded with “newsflash” just confirming what i said again…“Or to summarize briefly: There is some intuition involved with any statement including “All Politicians and business men are crooks.” Come on if that was the case, than we would all be in a inflationary period where our economy is 13-14 trillion in size and the federal reserve prints out approximately 1 trillion that gets leveraged by the banks so that all the super rich stay rich and the others that have something to say about it are either Ron Paul or are stuck arguing semantics with individuals who don’t tackle any other problem than what is dished to them by the news stations or grammar teachers.”

RealEstateConsultant,

I have to agree with the others that all you are providing is opinion, not facts. Trying to say all businessmen are crooks because they use contracts is ridiculous. Contracts are used to make plain and clear what each party is agreeing to. It is the only way a judge can adequately ejudicate a situation should a misunderstanding happen between two parties…

BTW, when I sign an agreement/contract with a customer, I do shake their hand, and I tell them that the paperwork is what we both agreed to, but my handshake backs it up. Although it doesn’t happen often (you learn to do things to avoid this), I’ve lost money to make a situation right with a customer, and not only did I get more work from them, but referrals, not because a judge told me to, but because I stood by that handshake.

A suggestion would be to join a Chamber of Commerce, and you will find many small business owners, who employ 70% of the workers, and you will find more who are focused on making a good name for themselves and standing by the work than not… People who purposely screw other people (i.e. - crooks) generally develop a negative reputation quickly, and that is a deathnell to small business. This is one of the reasons alot of small businesses don’t even argue you with you if you are not happy with their service… they’ll either comp you or replace it for free BECAUSE they do not want to be viewed negatively…

THIS IS NOT A KNOCK, but an observation… One thing that life does teach you over time is that you are a product of the people you surround yourself with, and if it is your perspective that ALL or MOST businessmen are crooks, you need to take inventory of who you are spending time with…

Great post PO, I had to do a double take. Turning over a new leaf eh? Good stuff.

No new leaf Vader, just responding to the post, like I usually do… must be a perception thing, or you may have just agreed with what was said… :biggrin

Thanks for the “positive” remark though, I also did a double-take… :beer

Sorry been busy in the last couple days. Since many people on this thread cant come to grips with the truth. Consider this:

In 1994, the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago upended the conventional thought of general licentiousness (generated in large part by sex study pioneer Michael Kinsey). It showed 15 to 18 percent of “ever-married people have had a sexual partner other than their spouse while married.”

Contracts being broken. Its not hard to take this number and apply it towards business people and politicians:

15-18% of ever married people break contracts. Furthermore, breaking contracts last time I checked is dishonest. So there are a lot of dishonest contract breakers out there. Many of those contract breakers are probably business men. Those business men probably do more than one business transaction.

Just calling it as it is. I do though feel disheartened about this human state of dishonesty and crookedness.

And thats just part of the dishonesty and crookedness out there. Come out from under your rock Positive Outlook.

And the last time I checked people will choose and pick who they want to do business. People choose who they want to do business with based upon multiple factors. One of them being, honesty. If I followed your logic, I would be doing business with every moe, larry and curly out there. Last time I checked I have a couple vendors that I TRUST and get the job done. The others I trust less and/or provide me with less on the price-quality matrix.

I am being the most honest and truthful because I am calling it as it is.

Ok, I am done for tonight. Time to get dancing… :bobble

RealEstateConsultant,

I’m now totally confused… Your example of ALL businessmen and politicians being crooks is to cite a study from 15 years ago that showed “15-18% of ever married people break contracts”? Last time I checked, marriage was not a business, but an institution…

Your assertion of ALL went down to an example of 15-18%, i.e. - a SMALL minority is hardly proof and VERY far from “ALL”. How about showing a study that’s actually germane to your theory where ALL businessmen and politicians are crooks… better yet, find one that has 60%… otherwise, it’s just your OPINION… which you are of course, entitled to, no matter how misguided… But don’t expect others to cave to your OPINION that all businessmen are crooks JUST because you say so…

“One of them being, honesty. If I followed your logic, I would be doing business with every moe, larry and curly out there” - But according to your theory, there ARE NO HONEST businessman or politicians, only crooks, so honesty should not even be a factor for you… That’s like saying “I don’t trust blondes” and then considering them anyway… doesn’t make the remotest of sense…

"I am being the most honest and truthful because I am calling it as it is. " - yes, but as we’ve established, you’re a businessman, and according to your own reasoning, you are a crook and therefore cannot be trusted to be “truthful” OR “honest”… or is everyone esle a crook EXCEPT for you… :rolleyes

Again, I would take a hard look at who you are surrounding yourself with… and AGAIN, not a knock, but observation… You must have gotten screwed real bad to have such a jaded world view…

Enjoy your dancing… I’m taking a break from my son’s “rave” in our back yard … time to head back out… oops, too late, as I am typing, the guitar hero/rock band saga continues… :beer (must of run out of marshmallows or the bonfire went out)…

We already agreed that the title was for emphasis and not for accuracy. I am not going to revisit that point.

Regarding the marriage data, I am making a point regarding human characteristics. I thought you would understand that. Maybe I am wrong. Just like how this is the third time explaining the title was not for accuracy but for emphasis.

A human characteristic developed in one aspect of someones life will potentially be carried onto other parts of life. Its called a habit. For example: If you habitually cannot understand that “all business and politicians are crooks” was for an emphasis than you might habitually cannot understand other concepts (not a knock, just an observation).

If you break a contract, you can break another contract. Very easy concept. Breaking a contract to me means crooked.

We already agreed that the title was for emphasis and not for accuracy. I am not going to revisit that point.

Finally something I agree with. You titled the post “All Politicians and Business men are crooks” when what you really meant is “A Very Small Percentage of Politicians and Business Men are Crooks.” Do you always exaggerate like this?

Mike

RealEstateConsultant ,

If the title was for “emphasis”… revisit it… what did you actually mean? What percentage of businessmen and politicians ARE indeed crooks?

If it is, as I agree with Mike, a minority percentage as opposed to a majority percentage, then what exactly is your point of the thread?

As we go on, you are revising your title down to the point that it was obviously an exaggeration… better to either admit it (but that would require putting pride aside), or provide actual proof of your theory… As you can see, we entertained the theory, you just haven’t come forward on the proof…

My point about the “human characteristic”, as you put it, is that the example you were able to come up with was only 15-18%, and it is nowhere near even a simple majority… SO IT’S NOT APPLICABLE as an example…

Who knows, maybe you came to your conclusions from TV…

http://www.businessandmedia.org/specialreports/2007/AmericanBusinessman/AmericanBusinessman_execsum.asp

Or from Hollywood…

http://www.westernrevival.org/crooks_in_suits.htm

One things for sure, you haven’t provided a plausible explanation or support for your initial post, nor an adequate rebuttal of you actually being a businessman, and as such, according to your theory you are a “crook”, which would steer people AWAY from purchasing your product on the website you promote… Like this thread… makes no sense…

It’s all OPINION, no supporting facts… Like I said, you’re entitled to it… no matter how ludicrous…

There is no exaggeration. Its about subjective experiences not objective experiences. Subjectively this statement can be true. Objectively it can be a smaller number.

Subjective experiences are not opinion. They are observed.

“Subjective experiences are not opinion. They are observed” -

Which is why I suggested you should take a hard look at who you are surrounding yourself with… If you are observing that much negativity that leads you to a conclusion that ALL, then MOST businessmen and politicians are crooks… something is out of whack…

I just certainly hope, for your sake, that your customers don’t come to the same conclusion about you based on your theory…

Best of luck… :beer