SS - need lawyer or tax accountant? Or both?

With our 2nd mortgage co probably getting $1k - who do we most need for our protection - a real estate attorney who will facilitate SS and go over closing for $1500.00 capped out - or a tax consultant to find out tax that we maybe left owing.
We have no money - just discharged a chapter 7 - does that make us insolvent and not to worry about being 1099’d?? I don’t want to throw away money, but do not want a judgement against us after going through bankruptcy.
I don’t want deal to stay dead in the water with buyer while mortgage co’s drag thier feet - can attorney really make them move faster, or is that BS?

I would try a short sale consultant. A good honest one that knows the business. Hard to find, but they do exist.

The lawyer might be great, but capped at $1,500? Remind yourself that no lawyer is gong to give you a lot of hours for $1,500. Ten hours gives you a marginal $150/hr lawyer.

What’s worse: Paying a Lawyer to represent you or paying a bad lawyer to represent you?

Be careful

I was quoted $125.00 per hour. He figured 10 hours at most, including reviewing closing papers.

From thier website (I am not advertising, just quoting)
"Our Attorneys
Our attorneys are built on the principles of providing quality and reliable legal services. Our legal services continue to grow by following trends, improving our standards, and listening to the consumer. Our unique legal services have established our law firm in the creditor and debtor industry. This allows us to make a distinctive and substantial impact for our clients.

SCOTT D. STAMATAKIS
POSITION: Partner

Scott Stamatakis was born and raised in Tampa, Florida. He received his Bachelor of Science degree, ‘Magna Cum Laude’, from Florida State University, and his Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Florida College of Law. Scott has extensive experience in consumer mortgages and debtor’s rights. Scott has acted as lead counsel in over 2,000 consumer mortgage foreclosures and bankruptcies throughout the State of Florida in all three Federal Court Districts.

SAMI THALJI
POSITION: Partner

Sami Thalji was born and raised in St. Petersburg, Florida. Sami received his Bachelors of Science in Marketing with High Honors from the University of Florida in 1995. Sami received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Florida College of Law and came back to the Bay Area to work as an Assistant State Attorney in the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit. Sami has tried over 100 jury trials in his time as a lawyer and was the “Lead Trial Attorney” for the Felony Bureau where his duties included overseeing the enforcement of state restitution orders and fines ordered to be paid by the Court. Since entering private practice, Sami has focused his efforts on consumer claims, including actions against lenders for predatory lending and various state and federal law violations, bankruptcy, personal injury and auto accident claims, as well as criminal defense work."

Without someone reccomending someone locally, I have no direction. Just wondering how to get more time to bring this to successful short sale rather than foreclosure. I don’t think I really care anymore - we have gone through hoops to show the house, constantly prodding my relative regarding the process (shes a new broker) and it’s just not worth saving the “extra damage” done (by a foreclosure) to our credit is shot anyways - we did this backwards, already filed chapter 7 and discharged so we have no protection against a judgement against us.