We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2021, 05:04:01 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2021, 05:04:01 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: What to say when selling a flip...  (Read 3000 times)

Offline 3Diamonds

What to say when selling a flip...
« on: June 27, 2007, 09:15:25 am »
My husband and I are selling our condo, after we have totally renovated it (essentially a flip). We do live here however, and already have a few people lined up to view it soon. What should we say is the reason for the move ??? It is really to make $$$ lol- so do we say its a flip? Im trying to think of good excuses for moving so soon- and cant come up w/ anything to clever. Help! :P

Offline fadi

• Fadi Zeidan's Blog
Re: What to say when selling a flip...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 09:19:15 am »
You don't need a reason, you just want to sell it. It is none of their business why. And never call it a flip. the word flip is a bad word in the eye of the public and lenders.
http://www.fadizeidan.com - All About Marketing Blog - A Must Read

Offline PaulBroni

• PaulPaysCash.com
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 11:27:07 am »
As usual, fadiz is right.

Don't even utter the word "flip."

And I've never had anyone ask me why I'm selling a house. If they did, I'd just say, "I'm not under any pressure to sell, but I do have my eye on another property."

As I said, though, it's never come up.
"To have something you have never had, you must do something you have never done."
"In the beginning, the limited partners have all the capital, and the general partners have all the experience. Towards the end, their roles are reversed."
"Where are the customers' yachts?"

Offline Iron Range

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 06:30:06 pm »
I'm flipping a property right now.  I told the buyer that I bought it in rough shape, I'm rehabbing it, and I'm selling it.  She was happy with my answer.

Most people don't want to rehab properties. They want a nice clean property. Rehabbed properties are painted, cleaned, usually have new carpet, new kitchen flooring, new counter tops, etc. Most people don't have thousands of rehab dollars, time, or knowledge to do the rehab.  She liked that I was putting all new flooring, counter tops, and painting it. She doesn't have to do any work. 
Great Tenants are an Investors Greatest Asset

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines