We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2022, 06:42:23 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2022, 06:42:23 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: What about termite inspections?  (Read 3925 times)

Offline snjbrian

What about termite inspections?
« on: August 06, 2004, 09:08:55 am »
Hello all,

I was wondering about termite inspections and if they were necessary if I am going to flip a property to a buyer or investor. Is it necessary? If I don't do it will it come back to haunt me legally or otherwise?

I am not holding, I am strictly passing these deals onto others. If I did plan to buy and hold I would definitely do it for myself.

I have read tons of material on investing, flipping and I don't ever remember reading anything about termite inspections...lol

Thanks for the advice,
Brian
« Last Edit: August 06, 2004, 09:09:12 am by snjbrian »

Offline Heather_Tx

• http://www.webuyhoustonhomes.com
Re:What about termite inspections?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 04:26:08 pm »
If I were just wholesaling a property, no I wouldn't get termite inspection... UNLESS I saw quite a bit of damage, and was concerned that the home may have structural issues do to so much damage. And I would do this to use is getting my price even lower so that it wouldn't be an issue to a rehabber.       Most rehabbers can look and tell the extent of damage enough to know if further investigation is a must due to very bad infestation.  

Hope this helps,

Heather Zaal

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines