Wholesaling Occupied Properties

Swirlaze, you may not have mentioned names when you talked about posters only helping to feel “superior” or to “stroke their ego’s”, but you used the word “most posters”, which more or less say that the majority on here are like that. I strongly disagree with that. The high majority are doing this for unselfish reasons…to help others. You should not generalize like that, because…even though you may not have meant it…you came across as very insulting to the posters who help people.

I also am one who would never consider John Reed as being honest. Not even close. I find his “reviews” to be extremely biased and short sighted. He has the credibility of my ex, in my opinion.

One more thjing Swirlaze…not meaning to sound critical, but I have seen you post that you have never done a deal…so how can you possibly criticize those who are doing deals? And how can you tell someone that what they do is wrong?

I don’t believe you are positive and optimistic as you claim. Maybe you are, but your posts say otherwise. I’m sure you are just frustrated, and take it from someone who has been there…it is all in your attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to be successful. I sat here, learned a lot, and never accomplished anything. I made excuses…had some legit health issues, but too many excuses when I had chances. Now, I am just going to get off my chair and get going when I get home in 3-4 weeks. Action leads to success. My attitude was garbage…negative, pass the buck, no accountability, no plan, no goals, and being lazy. I lost the negative attitude. Now “excuses” are just problems and/or obstacles…and they can be solved with hard work and thought.

I really believe you are just a bit frustrated, and it leads to a negative attitude. I know from my own experiences. I always had excuses…now, I know there is only one way I will fail, and that is the person I see in the mirror every day.

Best of everything to you, and as Zig Ziglar says, “See you at the top”.

Regards, Tony

By the way, regarding books, John $Cash$ Locke recommended a book about sales, called “Secrets Of Closing The Sale” by Zig Ziglar. I have not read the whole book, but the parts I have read is excellent.

I must say that out of anyone on this board, I for one take REI VERY seriously and am baffled how anyone could see it in any other light. I have been an airline pilot for many years now. I’ve been in many a situation having to shoot an ILS approach to minimums at night while the wind and rain are deafening all by hand because the autopilot is inopperative…and I find REI to seem MUCH harder than that. I’d say if we are on this board the majority of us are pretty darn serious.
Swirlaze, maybe being 18 has something to do with it but please tone down the rhetoric. I too was bitter at 18 over some things so age has nothing to do with it. Anyway, take this for whats its worth.

I’m not really sure how this thread go so off topic. I was hoping to see other investor’s opinions and experiences about a particluar situtaion in RE investing. I wasn’t expecting a whole thread about RE ethics and morals. Oh well.

Bob, you sound like a very motivated person. NDFan, it’s good to see you’re taking REI very seriously, and I hope you find the education you are seeking. Swilaze, you’re young, but you obvisouly have eneergy and ambition.

I wish all of you good fortunes with your first deals and/or any future deals. As for the rest of this thread, I’m only going to be concerned with the topic at hand. I know where my ethics and morals stand.

Happy Investing!

Can we get back on topic please…more info about the original topic would certainly be helpful to newbies.