Where to find cheap properties?

So if i google Jax tax assessors office I should be able to call and find out where these sales will be and how to view properties before they are auctioned?

no,

you need to google the clerk of circuit courts in Jacksonville…they handle the subsequent tax deed sales…they will have the sale location, dates, and should have the list on the website…or they will have it available to you…if the sale is not for another few months…the list might not yet be available…they will give you plenty of time to review it…at least a month in advance

you contact the county tax collector when purchasing tax lien certifiictes

now, you will end up calling the assessors office…but this will be to get assessed values and ask other questions pertaining to values…all deed sales in every county are handled by clerk of courts

Sorry if I am asking too many lazy questions… what office should I call for South Carolina?

that is OK,

I always tell people Ask, Ask, Ask, Ask…the most successful investors in this business are the ones who ask the most questions…dont hesitate to ask, you’ll never know the answer if you don’t ask.

What county or counties do you want the info for?

beaufort county

There’s a saying that says…

You can’t pay too little for a bad property.

Meaning, you will find properties at 40% LTV but generally they will have
city liens, fines and other profit prevention problems.

that is a good point, and definitely is associated with foreclosure sales, whcih I know less about, but I have read many posted questions with people asking how to remove the liens or can the liens be removed

the tax sale business is different…this is a county regulated sale and, and the counties have no responsibility or care about the mortgages, or fines, or other liens (except if so stated in the state laws for that state pertaining to the real estate section)…

all the county cares about is getting the funds they are owed by the current property owner…if they cant or wont pay, then someone else can step in and pay the lien, or in some states buy the property

the mortgages and other lien holders and not the first priority lien…the tax lien is always the first priority lien (unless in the case that there is an IRS lien on the prop already)…

Hey Michael,

Great information! Really enjoyed this discussion.

Do you know how these sales work in Tennessee? If not, do you know where information can be obtained?

Thanks

yes,

just go to the post I recently put up entitled…list of tax liens and deeds…

TN is redeemable deed…then you can go to post entitled…basic foundation of tax sales…and find section near the end…I explain how “redeemable deed state works”…then we can talk about TN once you have better understanding.

sound good?

Yes, thanks very much.

I looked at the one site already and will now check out the other. In fact, I am busy researching now. Thanks for the quick response.

Talk soon.

Hey Michael,

Where could I find a list of tax deed sales for Davidson Country (Nashville) Tennessee? I have been able to find a list of houses being sold or dates when the auctions take place. Very frustrating.

Now you need to obtain a list of the properties that will be available at the tax sale. There could be several different ways to obtain the tax sale list depending on the County. In some Counties you can call the County Treasurer and ask for a list. They may have it available to send to you in written form or sometimes on a computer disc. Some Counties have their lists posted on the County website where you can view it for free. Then sopme counties will post it in the local or some paper that is widely circulated.

You said, you have been able to find a list of houses being sold, right?..or did you mean you have not?..If you did find a list of houses being sold, that is the list of redeemable deeds that will be available…the county will be auctiopning off the deed to the property…but it’s not a deed absolute. also, you may find that the deed is bid way up…sometimes investors will do this and make it real difficult for the property owner to come up with the total amount they bid plus 10%

In GA, for example…they can bid the prop way up…and the prop owner has to pay that plus 20%…but, if they know the laws, after the do redeem that can petition the county to receive the excess funds back.

but no worries, you or I can call the county official tomorrow and find out (as long as he doesn’t party tonight and skip work tomorrow!

DAVIDSON
County Trustee
800 2nd Ave. N Rm 2
Nashville, TN 37201
Phone: (615) 862-6133
Fax: (615) 862-6337
Email: trustee@nashville.gov
www.nashville.gov

Sorry. That was a typo. I have NOT found a list but I have checked many sites on online.

They say the list is published in a local paper, The Tennessean, but a search on their site doesn’t produce any results either.

I guess i will call the local office tomorrow and see what gives.

Thanks for the info.

first, go here to get all the info you need to learn about the sales…

http://www.nashville.gov/trustee/faq.asp

then, to get the list go here…

http://www.nashville.gov/chancery/tax_sale_listings.asp

** the sale was Jan 20th…so you may have to check back in a few days or few weeks to see when the next sale is and get the list.

then, when you go to the second link I gave you…

go over to the left side and click on …delinquent tax info/sales…

this website is Awesome!..you are real lucky to have such a helpful site…you see, they need your help, and they are willing to give you everything you need because the counties are struggling…

you are helping the homeowner (they get more time to redeem)…you are helping the county (they can now immediately take your monies and fix the schools, roads, hospitals, pay fire and police, etc.)…and of course, you are helping yourself ( you are earning a minimum of 10%, as soon as possible the next day)

great job taking initiative to search this in your county!

Do you have any more links aside from those two?
So I’ll have a lot of options.

hey Stucky,

I’d like to help you. Need a little more info though.

I have literally thousands of links, but I dont know what you need them for or what links to you are looking for.

You say you need some options. A lot of options to do what? Do you live in the same county as Ennis P?..What do you need links for?

Please elaborate a little…Yes, I have links, yes, I can tell you where to look…but, dont know what options you need because I dont know that which it is you are trying to accomplish.

Make sense?

Hello !!

The pricing option does not depends on the money that we have as it depends on the needs that we have.

So we should set the price of any thing according to the needs and it would not let us to go down on the pricing option.

Thanks

i agree. if you want something Good and fast it is not cheap.

Stucky80, you may be able to find the links you want through brbpub.com using the link labeled “Links to Thousands of FREE Public Record Sites”