whats the most investor friendly way to buy property?

Thanks for the quick reply. So are you looking for properties with some sort of discount, or will you do this at full market?

Does anyone know the best way to find “MOTIVATED BUYERS?” It seems easy to me to locate motivated sellers, but what is/are the best ways to find buyers quickly? HELP!!!

Is you property priced too high for the market to accept? What kind of marketing are you using?

• Offer 50% - 100% Rent Credit your phone will ring off the hook.

• Build a database of Tenant/Buyers very powerful to have

• DarvinM

Outstanding! I appreciate the info and will use that method. I’m looking at makinga deal on apre-foreclosure property worth about 1.2M. Once it is under contract, would you recommend flipping it as a first deal for a quick profit or just riding it out?

Give me the details. For starters get your money and move on to other deals. =)

• DarvinM

I’ll give the details once I have it under contract. By the way, what is the best way tp locate a network of real estate investors in an area? I’m in Colorado Springs. Terell

Terell,
Join a local investment club or call the other we buy houses ads. Thats the easiest way to find them.

• DarvinM

Thanks Darvin,
My next question is how much of a percentage of the actual potential profits should I ask for from another investor when I decide to flip a property?

First person to mention a price loses. =) Just really depends on how good the deal is.

• DarvinM

Everyone talks about the most investor friendly way to proceed. Nobody is talking about what is best for the tenant. The problem with owners of SFR income property is that the tenant has no incentive because owners don’t know any better than to typically rent out the use and occupancy of the property – that’s it.

In addition to use and occupancy my tenants are legally able to writeoff the monthly mortgage interest and property taxes and I share future appreciation with them. I have No vacancies, no repairs, no collections, and happy tenants. Also, I NEVER have a negative cash flow. My tenants pay a higher rent and take full responsibility for maintenance and repairs on a 3-year, triple net lease.

Best of all, because my property is in trust, I am not subject to tenant bankruptcies, divorces, judgments, etc. It is the SAFEST way to transfer ownership interest and title is not transferred to the tenant until existing mortgages have been paid off and I have received all the money due me.

You make more money, have less responsibilities and save on time spent. Remember: happy tenants = happy landlords.

Gary I wonder why it is you like to use the NARS land trust…oh wait, thats right because your trying to SELL IT.

Do you actually offer anything productive on this post that doesn’t relate to your product?

All of us are here to ask or answer, not openly promote our products and/or services.

Hey jbg16x,

This topic is more than two weeks old and was a continuation of a previous page. If you were regularly on the forum you would have learned that I am an investor who uses the NARS trust to both acquire and manage properties. I don’t sell it. My website is set up for my clients who need to educate themselves about it so they are knowledgeable when we enter into an agreement. If you want to buy a trust you’ll have to visit Bill Gatten’s site.

As to offering productive help, my email box has at least 10 emails right now from members who have thanked me for helping them with their particular problem, most unrelated to a trust.

You’ll find people on this forum with all kinds of specialties that they promote in one way or another, subject 2’s, lease options, etc., not necessarily because they sell the product but because they believe in it. Most of us are here to provide information to others.

You say “all of US are here to ask and answer”. Do you have a question pertinent to the subject?

The facts I posted are accurate. Kindly point out any inaccuracies and I’ll be happy to discuss or debate. This only your 4th post, so please leave the personal comments to yourself. This forum is about real estate, not people.

Have a nice day.

jbg16x,

Glad to meet you.

First let me explain that Gary has no right or authority to tell you what to do. There are Moderators chosen who moderate this board because of there expertise in areas of investing and have the final say about posts.

Wanted to straighten this out so you understand how it works, keep on posting.

John $Cash$ Locke
REI Club Moderator

Gentlemen and Ladies,
I believe that the interest of all the investors is best served by not bickering back and forth as to what products are sold in the forum or what information is put out. We are presumed to be professionals with experience in the real estate investment arena. I, as a beginning investor, appreciate all of you for your input and suggestions to include the offer of providing documents to other investors who are unfamiliar with them. Remember, we are all here to help each other and I look forward to reading comments from all of you on a dailey basis to further my investing career, so please, lets act like the real estate professionals that we all protest to be. Thanks! Terell

Thank you, Warhorse.

Warhorse 1,

You might want to explain to this poster about what you are saying about not pulling up board hustlers when they are only playing to the new person.

http://www.reiclub.com/forums/index.php?board=26;action=display;threadid=11545

This is why the board is Moderated, we don’t catch them all, however the blatant ones are caught, as they are easy to spot or at least pointed out for what they are.

I have spent many hours helping posters that contacted me for help, who have been hustled and are trying to get there money back from posters who profess to be what they are not.

John $Cash$ Locke

I have a question about the topic here:

1You give 50-100% rent credit. That means if they pay by the 1st they get 100% of the rent toward downpayment if the purchase at the end of the 3 year lease?

Does this work because the properties are purchased at such a discount, sold above market value, people don’t pay on the 1st and lose the credit, or people just never buy after 3 years? It seems like you’d be giving away a lot of profit.

I’m missing something in this equation.

Thanks.

About the rent credit. If they are late do you take away all accumulated rent credit? or just that months?

Marcus-it would be hard to give a rent credit at 50-100%, not impossible, but nevertheless hard.

Verb-it’s however you have it stated in your contract…normally they would just lose the rent credit for the month, but you could be nasty (in my opinion) and state in the contract that they could lose all of the accumulated rent credit. In the end this may hurt you as they would have less of a downpayment, therefore they would probably have a much more difficult time acquiring financing…its better to get a little of something vs. all of nothing.

Gary-where do I start with you…first don’t let the four posts deceive you. Just because I’ve only posted four times on this site please don’t allow that to relect on my investment experience or real estate experience in general. I have been on this site for a few years…reading, analyzing and learning. I tend not to post because I truly hate rumors…the facts are essential and tips are precious, but I find way too many people talking about things on this site that they have little knowledge about. It is nice that they are trying to help out, but most of the time if you are not an expert than let it lye. I’ll have more to post regarding you later…gotta run.

Gary,
In 60 of your 89 posts here on REI you either referred to or tried to peddle your land trust. This equates to at least 67% of your posts. There is a saying there is no such thing as a free lunch and never was there more true than with your posts. This was what I was referring to in my post to you…this is a website for information, help and assistance all for free. What some of you ‘consultants’ have done is to twist this into a bait and switch scheme…offering some ‘free’ assistance up front in order to sell your goods or services at a later date. I find this distasteful, as have others on this site-not to mention the administrators here.

If you state that you presence isn’t to sell anything here on the forum then take your website off of your signature block-the first thing that pops up when you go there is that your a land trust consultant, i.e. your a land trust salesman.

It is true what phd stands for…piled higher and deeper.

-$$Cash$$, don’t worry I’ve encountered many people in my lifetime, some extremely dangerous, so I’m not easily intimidated, especially when the remarks come from a salesman.

-To all, please remember that when you start your investing career sometimes it is better to take that first step without all details figured out vs. waiting for the day that you know everything about your investment choice-to which the oppurtunity will probably have passed you. Just get out there and start something-and good luck!!