Wealth is Obtainable - The serious thread!

Hoosier,

TIME is a commodity that CANNOT BE VALUED…To SOME time is ENDLESS, they sit there WATCHING a CLOCK all day long…To others, time is fleeting, it goes by in what seems like the wink of an eye.

You’re still a young guy, you have LOTS of time…With that TIME you are LEARNING, sometimes without even knowing it…I remember a post of yours from a few years ago where you said if you had the chance to meet the current President you would spit in his face!

Move forward 2 years…The Older, Mellower, More WORLDLY Hoosier is not the same man…You grow up and your PRIORITIES CHANGE.

This isn’t a political post…I don’t care one way or the other how ANYONE feels about a politician…We ALL have every right to free ANYWAY we want to feel about that subject…The POINT IS…

That statement seems like it came from a completely DIFFERENT PERSON…Because IT DID!!!

John_in_NC nailed it…He’s at a point where he doesn’t NEED his job…When you DON’T NEED the job…It’s AMAZING how much less BULLSH*T you have to put up with…MANAGERS can SMELL this from a mile away…Bad managers pick on the WEAK… But when you have other IRONS IN THE FIRE, and they KNOW IT…You can tell them to SCREW…Bad managers don’t like having employees who can tell them this…As a result…THEY LEAVE THOSE EMPLOYEES ALONE!!!

This changes the entire GAME!!! You’re not kissing someones @SS to get a promotion, or a raise…Because you don’t NEED EITHER!!! You stay because they pay for your HEALTH CARE…The left over CA$H is FU money!!!

John_in_NC nailed it.....He's at a point where he doesn't NEED his job.....When you DON'T NEED the job.....It's AMAZING how much less BULLSH*T you have to put up with....MANAGERS can SMELL this from a mile away...Bad managers pick on the WEAK... But when you have other IRONS IN THE FIRE, and they KNOW IT......You can tell them to SCREW....Bad managers don't like having employees who can tell them this.....As a result...THEY LEAVE THOSE EMPLOYEES ALONE!!!!!!

This changes the entire GAME!!! You’re not kissing someones @SS to get a promotion, or a raise…Because you don’t NEED EITHER!!! You stay because they pay for your HEALTH CARE…The left over CA$H is FU money!!!

I have found this to be very true. Those same miserable managers who like to pray on the weak are on that hamster wheel, too. So if they start f$#@!*%# with the wrong employee THEIR job could end on the line. I’ve seen managers get canned for making bone headed moves with the wrong people. The smarter ones sense you aren’t going to put up with their little games and usually know how to pick their battles.

Every time me and my manager have had to have a “little talk” I like to remind him that if he feels he can go find someone else that can do a better job than me, for less money, then he should go ahead and replace me with them. So far he hasn’t taken me up on that offer. Keeping your boss inline will truly make the time you spend at your job SO much easier. :biggrin

I’m in the same position as others here, I keep my job (been at this one for 7 years) because it works for ME. I treat it as an income source that pays me week after week and it pays when I am sick, when I am on vacation, personal time, it pays for most of my health care, it pays if I were to get injured and be out for an extended period of time and it pays for half of my income tax. If I had to pay for all those perks my self, I’m estimating that would be an additional 30 grand I’d have to shell out of my pocket. Another beautiful thing about it is, after my shift is over, I leave no matter what is going on and none of it’s my problem. On my other income sources, I can’t really do that, I need to get the job done in order to get paid (except for rental income to a degree.)

So the key is having cash in the bank (and I’m not talking about 3 to 6 months like so many jokers say, I’m talking about years), having additional streams of income and living within your means (with very little to no debt) and having that job lets you laugh all the way to the bank and in your manager’s face.

I’m 29 y/o with five rental properties, a wife and four kids. We live a frugal lifestyle, but nobody goes hungry. We still take vacations and trips to the lake in the summer. We have no consumer debt. We drive old cars but maintain them well. We live in a house that is very nice but well below what we can afford.

I spend evenings working on my properties, and my income supports my buying of them and our other investing. I have no doubt that I will become rich someday. We started from nothing ourselves, we were in debt and did Dave Ramsey’s program three years ago.

That’s what great about this country. Anyone can do what I did. A 203b loan and some hard work will get the first one started.

I'm 29 y/o with five rental properties, a wife and four kids.

great job!

-Mike