Tile vs other options

reihooked–

Yes, it is a sealant, but its much more. It actually sinks in and changes the color of the grout. And it works much, much better than regular sealants that we haven’t found to work much at all :rolleyes

A fellow named Bill Vincent over on the GardenWeb forum turned me on to it when our dippy tile guys installed white grout in our kitchen instead of the medium tan we ordered. If you do a search over there, you’ll find all sorts of information. It’s amazing stuff (no affilliating, yada, yada…)

Thanks so much for the great tip.
We also have the problem in another rental where white grout was used in the kitchen. My friend was our tenant, and she said she cursed me every time she had to clean the kitchen floor, because it always looked so dirty and she is kind of a neat freak. Too bad she no longer lives there - because I will definitely use this in the kitchen to change the color. :beer

try looking into lumber liquidators for cheap laminate flooring. I put it throughout in one of my houses, it was quick and easy to install… cost me about .69 cents a SqFt