The Biggest Racist in the United States?

John,

Have you even read the police report? If you did, you’ll see that Gates started on his “you’re a racist cop” and “you don’t know who you’re messing with” rant inside his house, and Sgt. Crowley was GOING TO LEAVE despite it… Gates then took it outside, refused to calm down after being asked more than once, a small crowd was gathering, and he was ranting and challenging their authority… when Gates took it outside, it was no longer just his rights…

You’ll note NONE of the neighbors INCLUDING the one who called it in have come forward to support Gates’ side of the story or to say the cops were out of line… if that were the case, I think we all can agree it would be ALL OVER THE NEWS… the fact that it isn’t should tell you something…

“Disorderly conduct is very rarely an appropriate charge outside one’s home. Disorderly conduct charges are used by cops as a way of arresting people who have offended them and they use the charge to show such audacious citizens who the boss really is.”

You asked what law was broken… you are given the law, which as you can see from the above post fits PERFECTLY to the situation (see the arrest report also), and all I can see is you finding excuses for Gates… As I said, disorderly conduct is usually dropped, and used to keep the peace…

“Police may use a disorderly conduct charge to keep the peace when a person is behaving in a disruptive manner, but presents no serious public danger.”

Like I said, if you don’t like it, campaign against it, but it is a law until then…

“Who were the police protecting and what were they serving by arresting this man?”

The community… Gates was NOT arrested in his house, it was when Gates took it outside, and CONTINUED to be non-compliant with HIS actions and disturbing the peace in the process, that he was arrested on disorderly conduct…

“These officers misused their badge and arrested an innocent man.”

I think Crowley said it best when he said that Gates “controlled the outcome”… So the White, Black (you know the one who “supported the arrest 100%”, but ALSO supported how Crowley handled it), and Hispanic officer (who wrote the OTHER police report corroberating the events), along with the others present, were all wrong and Gates was right??? To say that the police misused their badge after Gates was non-compliant MULTIPLE times in addition to his racial ranting (no accountability there, BTW) is just ludicrous…

These were veteran police officers, not rookies…

If they allowed ALL citizens to behave like this, without consequence, they would ultimately put themselves in danger by weakening their authority…

You should also consider that once all the details came to light, and that there was a recording available that the police were considering making public, Gates all of a sudden was no longer looking for an apology OR going after a lawsuit… extremely telliing, considering Gates (you know “you don’t know who you’re messing with”) is Obama’s friend…

YahooNews…

[i][b]“A multiracial group of police officers on Friday stood with the white officer who arrested a prominent black Harvard scholar and asked President Barack Obama and Gov. Deval Patrick to apologize for comments the union leaders called insulting”

"“President Obama said the actions of the CPD were stupid and linked the event to the history of racial profiling in America,” O’Connor said. “The facts of the case suggested that the president used the right adjective but directed it to the wrong party.”[/b][/i]

John,

BTW, you never answered my quesiton… how does asking for ID make you a racist???

I noticed how Gate’s said its time to “Move on”. He must be tired of looking like a complete bafoon! Perhaps the arresting officer should file a slander lawsuit… Maybe Obama’s invitation for the two men to come to the white house to have a beer will help… :shocked :biggrin :biggrin :cool :beer :beer :beer :beer

Obama can put a lid on this by simply admitting he was wrong to label the police.But now that we all have seen that he was listening to rev. wright and is a racist it’s much easier(and more expensive)to have them over to the white house.Ridiculous!!

Everybody knows that cops do this. If you have ever seen the comedian Ron “tator salad” White (who is white) talk about being drunk in a bar which is legal. He was thrown out of the bar and the police then arrested him for being drunk in public. I remember a lowlife white guy that got drunk in a bar and called his lowlife friend to come drive him home in his raggedy van. The drunk guy passed out in the back of the van while his friend drove him home. The cops stopped the van and asked the guy in the back to get out of the van. He was legal to be drunk in his van, but when he got out of the van he was arrested for being drunk in public.

Gates should have known enough to keep his mad butt in the house. He was baited out onto his porch so that he could be arrested for being disorderly in public. That is Gates stupid.

Disorderly conduct and drunk in public are both crimes that are just on the books to give the police a tool to F%$k with people. There is no victim to these crimes except for the person being arrested.

Skip Gates is an old professorly guy that walks with a cane. He is so frail that he can’t even drive a car. If you accidentally took a 3 year old girl’s candy and she got mad and wanted to fight you. Would you fight her? No. You would make it your main goal to get out of there without fighting in a one-sided battle. That police officer was in a one-sided battle with that old crippled guy that he had just realized was in the right house. He should have made it his business to get out of there with the least amount of disruption to this citizen that he was sworn to protect. But he didn’t he employed the old lure him out and arrest him gag. That was cop stupid.

There was stupid on both sides.

How was he “baited” outside? I don’t believe the police use laws to mess with people. I’ll admit there is a SMALL percentage of bad cops or cops that should be behind a desk. But this guy made a choice to follow the cops outside and make a scene. What about the neighbors? Don’t they have a right to peace and quiet? I’ve never had the cops come to my house just to “F%$#” with me. This guy made a choice. That choice has consequences. I believe the charges have been dropped. But this issue got so much press because race was involved…sort of. Also because it involved a black Harvard professor. I firmly believe that if it were Gate’s word against Crowly’s, there would talk of lawsuits, police probes, etc… Since the whole scene was on tape and had plenty of credible multiracial witnessess. Gates and Obama want to “move on”. I would too if I ended up looking like a bafoon on a national scale.

I must be a bigot too, for I will not be friends with a Liberal. Yes, I know that may sound stupid, but… thats how I am. I will not tolerate those left wing idiots :slight_smile:

Hooch,

Just so you and everyone know I deleted your “I am proud to be a bigot and white” post. That kind of talk is not going to be tolerated here.

If you have a problem with it please message the owner of the site. DO NOT come back and start flaming me.

Hoosier,

As you get older you will start to understand the “don’t talk politic or religion at parties” statement. Just because you don’t like someone’s political beliefs should not preclude you from being someone’s friend. Thats like saying “I don’t hang out with guys who date fat chicks”.

Hooch,

Once again I was forced to delete a posting of yours due to inappropriate content. Please try to avoid using such language in the future. Thank you.

Hooch,

Your post was deleted due to inappropriate content. Please refrain from using such language in the future.

Thank you Hooch. I knew you would come around someday.

How exactly is Hooch’s post offensive? I dont understand… He showed the deffinitions of the words, and then explained how thats what he is. Hes proud of his race(white).

In that case, all blacks who celebrate Black History Month are in the same boat as Hooch…

OR… Is it just more offensive because Hooch is white? Im beginning to see how minorities (and blacks) can get away with saying stuff, but people like Hooch, cant. Unbelievable.

As far as calling himself a Bigot, big deal… MANY people are, including me. Example, I hate left wingers, I find almost all of them idiotic and unsupportive of the greatest document ever writter (us constitution).

I also will not date, marry, or really associate myself with anybody whos not a Christian as I am. If your a Jew or Muslim, thats fine, we can be alright, but nothing close. This indeed does make me a bigot.

Hooch’s post was completly unoffensive, and anybody who thought it was, is wayyyyy to sensitive, and most likely, supports a double standard for all others besides whites.

Hoosier,

So it is okay to be a bigot? So explain to me where you draw the line? Is it okay to be a Nazi? Is it okay to be in the KKK? What is the difference between being a bigot and being a Muslim that hates America? They are proud of their culture and intolerant of others.

Just because many people are does not make it all right. At what point do you have to stand up and say enough?

This is America and Hooch has every right to state his beliefs. But this forum is not just for Hooch’s posting pleasure and if what he says is deemed offensive by other members then it is going to be deleted. If he keeps going off the deep end like he did in this thread then entire threads are going to be deleted.

Chris, by defintion, we can all agree that many are bigots (including me, by the defintion atleast.)

The examples such as the KKK and Muslims wanting to kill are Americans is extreme bigotry.

Using your thinking “where do we draw the line?!?” Ide like to use that on the Pro-Choice topic on Abortion then. If its OK to kill a embyro at 2 months, why not 2 years?!?! Where do we draw the line there?!?

You can use extremism in any case and make charactaristic look bad. Hooch didnt not go into the extreme, or threaten anybody, like the KKK and Muslim do.

You are correct. All I said is that talk like that was not going to be tolerated here.
Because once we start allowing that kind of talk from one person how can we stop the next Nazi or KKK member that wants to start promoting their hateful speech?

I did not start berating anyone or name calling. Positive Outlook brought up a good point about the moderators leading by example and that is what I am trying to do. I politely asked Hooch to contact the owner of the site if he had an issue with his post being modified and not to contact me directly. Instead of that happening I was personally attacked, and sent a very hateful PM.

To all posters who believe they have the right to post whatever they want and have a problem with authority figures, just check out this forum rule.

** Moderator Control - moderators may modify, delete, and/or move posts to a more appropriate forum without notice.

I have been a Moderator on this board for around 7 years, so I have seen just about everything, however you will find that the Moderators on this board will not tolerate anyone calling another Moderator names or other posters who post here as a matter of fact.

Live with it, because that is the way it is.

John $Cash$ Locke

REIClub Moderator

This type of post is unacceptable, so before you smart mouth me, remember I can make you disappear.

I would hate to bring up ole times, but I believe the insults “pot head, loosier, dragon man (or something like that) and traylurrr trash” came from a “certain” member who IS a moderator on this board.

But lets not bring up that again… its obvious this board is like real life. Those in authority live by different rules then us common folk :slight_smile:

If at anytime you feel you are being treated unfairly, just send me a PM. I will be more than glad to review your comments and give you my opinion with reasons as to why I see it that way right or wrong.

However, the board is no place to post inappropriate comments or posts for all to see, as there are rules for posting here and they need to be followed.

John $Cash$ Locke
REIClub Moderator

Okay, I have a question. Why can’t I call a black man a black man? Can I call a red head a red head or a blond a blond?
IT’S JUST A DESCRIPTION and by no means means I am prejudice. It means I am describing a person. My husband is from the middle east, some people actually call him arabic. Can you believe the nerve.
Why is it “white” ( I am actually peachish tan) folks are always walking on eggshells? I am so sick of this.