Student + two jobs = bad idea?

Trickpaint,
Start here on this website with the forums that interest you. Read every post in the forums. I started from the oldest threads and worked my way up to the newest ones. You will learn a ton. I strongly recommend you take notes along the way. I took notes and put them in a MS Word document I keep in a MISC folder on my computer for reference on different Landlording, financing, and repair issues. So you can learn from the experiences of others here (others who are actually doing it) - the good experiences and the bad. Learn from the mistakes of others so you don’t do it yourself.
Watching too much late night tv and thinking it’s easy to make millions in RE is a fallacy. Our Realtor told us a couple days ago he had a lady come in saying she wanted to purchase a “luxurious foreclosure” for $30K. I’m not saying things like this never happen, but it’s not as easy as the infomercials make it out to be.

There is NO reason to pay someone a bunch of money to “teach” you how to do REI.

Perhaps I misspoke when I said “free and easy”. While the info on this site is free, the cost of the internet and computer are not. It also takes quite a bit of time and effort to comb through all the info here. There are some good books you can buy for under $25. I’ve probably spent about $300 on books over the years. Some are better than others, but I’ve learned a few money saving/making ideas even from the bad ones. These costs are nothing compared to the fleecing people go through going to expensive seminars and/or buying the wrong property at the wrong price. So I’ll rephrase my earlier quote and say “cheaper and easier”.