Stock Market

FDjake,

Please let it go: some people just do not want to learn. For myself I always enjoy your insights and try to learn something from them (and I must say I really do so thanks for that!!!).

Greetz and keep posting! Ray

bluemoon

stocks can be sold at anytime. so i think in between those 10 years a lot of people cashed out a huge sum of money. also jake has posted about these and i believe him. he’s made some very good options trades. you can trade in this enviroment and make money letting sit is gonna have wild swings. especially down since theres rainbow coming soon. but take a look at stocks charts like 10year charts. they will go back up.

I believe it is possible to make money in stocks. I also believe you can make a living as a professional gambler. I have met a person that makes real money as a professional gambler, but I have not met anybody that made any real money trading stocks.

I call that person that makes money trading stocks Sasquatch. Everybody talks about him but nobody seems to know him. I know a lot of people that have a lot of money. And none of us made that money in stocks. Our money is in stocks, but the money came from other endeavors. For example my company will give me stock grants or stock options and I make a lot of money from them but that money was not from my efforts in stock trading it was from my work in a corporate job. If something happens on a regular basis you will eventually run into people doing it. I NEVER run into a person that got any real money from stocks. Except for this one guy that can’t seem to let you now how to do it except after the fact (kind of like telling JFK not to go to Dallas). I’ll bet you don’t know anybody that has made any real money in stocks either. If a person doing anything exists you will eventually run into one on them. Heck, I even know a guy that climbed Mt Everest. But I have never crossed paths with a person that has made real money trading stocks.

I should do a poll and ask who has seen that mysterious man that made money trading stocks.

Is there a place to go an learn this stuff? I have $1,000 that I would like to start investing in the marketing using the strategies discussed above. I just dont know where to start!!! Any guidance would be so helpful.

Thanks!

I nearly bought 2 contracts (only beginning with a minimal account) on Friday for Dec 2.50 Citigroup calls. I told myself this morning that I’ll just play along like I did buy them and that I would back out at 4 and sure enough, the premium went to 4.15 briefly and hovered at 4 for a little bit during the short rally this morning. I would have made 400 bucks in 40 minutes this morning. Key words, ‘would have!’ I need to stop kicking tires and do something… :banghead

Granted you can’t predict what the market is going to do, you can take a calculated risk with a certain amount of confidence from previous technical analysis that a stock is going to do what you think it is going to do. There are many indicators as to why stocks act the way they do. I thought in the beginning that I would stay away from stocks and put all my apples in one basket with real estate. That’s because I knew nothing about the stock market and only heard why people didn’t invest in the stock market. I recently watched a guy on another forum take 2k dollars from August until now and turn it into 104k, and is still going. His goal was to turn a very minimal amount into a very large amount, taking all calculated risks. People are making money and you’re wasting time arguing that they’re not! I understand that people are fearful of what they don’t understand, but you’re taking it a bit far and are only making yourself look ill-formed.

Hotstockmarket.com has an ENORMOUS amount if information for investors of all walks.

bluemoon

so you dont believe, you, me or anyone on here can make money trading stocks ??

i bet their has been a ton of people become rich in the past 2 weeks trading stocks. the volatility has been tremendous. As well there has been a lot of people lose everything.

there is risk involved and stress. thats why many people have gotten out to cash. their too much stress and volatility for most people to handle.

REI_Chris,

Watching those options move is the first step…That’s how it starts. Even if you just specialize in a few individual stocks, you’ll get to know their price moves like the back of your hand. That’s half the battle.

Your LEARNING…That’s BIG!!!

You’ll get to the point where your ideas will really start to become reality. Starting small is VERY SMART.

Your on your way!!!

Thanks Chris, this will be helpful! Also, could you pm the other forum that has that guys challenge to take 2k to over 100k since August, that sounds exciting! I wouldnt mind trying to do something like this with the 1k that I have right now, try to take it to 10k in 2 months or something!

http://www.hotstockmarket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62777
I don’t think I’m breaking any rules and it is a great hands-on example to read and learn from. Granted, he couldv’e lost a lot of money last Fri, but he held out and turned a 20+ thousand dollar profit when most people were jumping ship. Risky, but he’s not a newbie when it comes to investing. It’s interesting because he starts with a realistic amount of money and turns it into a fortune in only a few months.

FDJake,
Thanks! That means a lot coming from you. I’ve watched your posts, amongst many others here and have learned quite a bit and use the things I have learned from here all the time. Watching that option price move this morning was exciting. Every time the stock moved up or down, eventually I was calling the premium. I’m just learning, but I am absolutely hooked already and I haven’t made my first buck yet (would have if I jumped in Fri!). I’m still learning a lot about chart reading and technical analysis, but at the end of the day, price matters the most!

Chris,

You’ll see the same patterns occur over and over…The key to doing this is… DON’T do it… Until the market puts the trade in a “high probability” scenerio for you.

Watch the QQQQ. We had BIG rallies here the last 2 days.

Keep your eye on the June 09 QQQQ $16 PUTS. The “ask” on them is .77… Bid .70 as of the close. If we get a rally tommorow and the price drops into the .60’s that would be a high probability trade. This volatility is FAR from over.

I’ll certainly look into that Jake! Did you guys hear about the homebuilders trying to get 250B from the government’s teet? What a joke! I guess the automakers asking for a loan in the fashion they did wasn’t much better either.

I am not saying it is not possible to make money trading stocks. I am saying that nobody does. If people made money trading stocks you would see people that got rich trading stocks. Nobody knows anybody that actually does.

When you are at the lake and you ask the people with the big boats what they do. You don’t find any of us that got our money trading stocks. I am not talking about the Tracker bass boats. I mean the Marquis 40SC or the Fairline 44. You have to know me. I ask people all the time what they do. I have never found one that got their money trading stocks.

Well I guess that makes it offical!!!

Bluemoon has asked all the people on a Lake if they made their money in stocks…They didn’t…So he’s concluded NO ONE HAS!!!

ABSOLUTELY BRILLANT!!!

Hey, running with that logic…I never met anyone who walked on the MOON…So I guess NO ONE ever has.

RookieNYC has a 7 FIGURE trading account that he built from DIRT, but that MILLION PLUS is all BS beause he’s never MET Bluemoon!!!

This is so pathetic it’s actually funny.

Yeah, this is becoming a bit asinine. The thread that I posted PROVES that you can make money from day trading, in the worst of the worst conditions. That man turned 2k into 104k in a little over two months! Tell me where else you could do that, besides gambling which is far FAR more riskier and illogical. Oh well, I’ll let my money work for my while those people on the boats work for their money. I’m sure none of them take advantage of the stock market with their capital.

Chris,

Don’t drink the Kool-aid! If you believe that anyone can consistently turn $2,000 into $100,000 in two months, I’ve got a bridge to sell you. I’ll bet that makes RookieNYC feel silly - he’s a professional in this business and only up 10% (or whatever) this year. If he was just looking at some website, he could have made 5,000% in only two months! LOL!

Mike

After this rally. shorting the snot outta dry- bulker shippers is what im going after. I dont see why they have gained in this rally the BDI (rates which they get paid to move cargo) has went even lower !! its so low that they lose money if they are shipping cargo at those prices, thus a lot of ships that are on spot rates (current market rates) are anchored at ports. Ship values are have lost a lot of value and many of them will need to sell assets to survive if things dont improve soon.

just a heads up for anyone looking for a trade.

When you meet people you ask them what they do. Right? So when you do, how many of them say they trade stocks? I think that propertymanager’s thread asking people to post their trades is a good one. I tell you that the only people that get rich is the stock market are the brokers. By the way I have met 3 people who have walked on the moon (Neil Armstrong, Alan Bean, and Buzz Aldrin) and several people that have been into space. That is just a function of being an engineer living in Houston where there are a lot of astronauts. You can use the same logic and go where there are a lot of people with a lot of money and look for stock traders…you won’t find any.

You can use the same logic and go where there are a lot of people with a lot of money and look for stock traders...you won't find any.

Bluemoon,

With people posting their trades in real time, you’ll soon be able to determine if they’re making money or not! There won’t be any more guessing or wondering if people are making money or not. Furthermore, you’ll also know how long they are holding their trades. I would consider any trade that isn’t posted in near real time to be suspect.

Mike