Short Sales

so is there a question or did you just feel like quoting me?

You should feel special, Matt…LOL!

Keith

HI Room,

I’ve been following the chat for awhile and with much interest since I’ve just witnessed a short sale go down right in front of my eyes and can’t believe what I’ve seen!

I’m an RE agent in St. Louis. A friend of mine told me about a house that was in the process of being rehabbed, but the couple got a divorce, stopped making their payments, and the house was going into foreclosure.

Meanwhile, I just so happened to attend a neighborhood association meeting and met a couple that “specialized” in short sales, and convinced me that I should let them “help” me get this property sold. I told them where the house was, and that I even had a buyer for the house if they could get the bank to take less than the 218K owed on the note.

They did the negotiations with the lending institution, and told me that they thought that they could get the house discounted to 155K.

I then informed my clients about the new price, they made a full price offer, and got the house for the 155K.

At closing, I asked the closer how much the ‘short sale couple’ got the house for and she told me 88K!!!

So…I found the house in distress, found the short sale ‘experts’, provided the buyers, and made a comission of 2.7%…BIg Deal!!

What that example has done, is it has built a HUGE fire under me to get into the Short Sale game ASAP and this time do it MYSELF!!!

I know of 2 more houses like this last one, in the same neighborhood.

I’ve done tons of research on the net, (which is how I found this chat room) and seen all the courses, boot camps, and programs out there that claim to teach you , step by step, on how to do a short sale. I even purchased a couple of books on amazon.com on the subject.

But I feel that I need a real live mentor that has ‘been there and done that’ with the lenders, HUD-1 statements, BPO’s, and so forth.

Any takers??

If not…I understand. It’s a pretty secretive club, and I’m sure that even Matt doesn’t have time to train a newbie, and still do his own deals.

Still…any advice would be greatly appreciated. I’m even open to splitting the profits on the first deal with the right teacher.

Sincerely,

Joseph
Paladin Properties

Matt, I have found a property that is in foreclosure. I think I would like to flip it to an investor with a short sale. I have most of the numbers from the bank. I do I protect myself when presenting the properties to other investors. How does the exchange of money happen and when, before or after closing? Thanks in advance!!

I am interested in doing short sales. A friend and I just started an LLC. I have read tons of books on this, but still would like any advice you can offer.
Thanks,
Chris