Road to REI - My Log - Introduction

Last week I discovered that my REIA has a Wholesaler/Rehabber’s Subgroup. I went to the meeting last night and WOW! This is the place to be if you want to get into wholesaling or rehabbing. Gone from the general meetings are the sales pitches and the beginners, in come the experienced investors who discuss their recent deals, problems and all.

I started networking a little bit, but I quickly realized I need to get some Business cards ASAP!

I love this stuff!

There is this thread going around on this board that deals with “Reasons why you haven’t started investing yet” and it got me thinking and I myself seem to be hung up on this…The area I live, know and want to invest in has an average home sale price of about $450k. From everything I’ve read that is a lot for someone who is just starting out to handle. Everyone on this board seems to deal with homes in the $100k to 200k family so it gets me a little worried.

Well stupid or not that is my hangup right now, but I will get over it (some words of encouragement wouldn’t hurt though)

-Scott