Rehab and Rental Paint Color

Yes, big mistake not listening to attorney, accountant…
It sounds like you actually have a good realtor. You use exclusively her. Thats good. But sometimes realtors will come up with excuses as to why the house is not selling, when really they need to work at it a little more. Realtors are well worth the money when they are aggresive. After all is said and done, sometimes they dont make enough. I think his realtor is right in this case, to paint a diff. color. But when they start nit picking a house you just rehabbed, thats when i have to say- your the prof.

Be careful …You sometimes get bad info from realtor feedback.
they tell you what the so called buyers want in a color.
Well… is it the buyers who say it or the prospect who looks @ 20 houses and has something negative to say about all of them… including the colors??!These are the ones who never buy!!
Get the feed back on colors from several agents and from people you show houses to that actually buy them.
Or actually rent them .
Remember… white goes with everything !!

Neutral neutral neutral. Warm, inviting, sharp lines, neutral. Did I say neutral?

In the rehabs I flip, I use Behr Light-Weight Beige for the walls, and a Behr basic white for the ceilings and trim if I don’t stain the trim. What’s everyone’s opinion on door color? If I paint the trim and door casing white, would you go with white doors as well? Or, would you leave a contrasting look and go with white trim, white casing and a stained color on all interior doors? I have done it both ways and not sure what gets better results.

White doors (same color as the frames). If it’s a special deal and the doors have multiple panels sometimes a different color on the panels can give it a Buckingham Palace effect, but it’s a lot of work.

lowes

latte in flat…

Now who can I get to paint these wall cheap? Do you guys just call around and take cheapest? About how much do they charge to paint a 10 by 12 room?

With no carpet or furniture, I can Wagner Power Roll a room in about a half hour. An hour with the ceiling. Whole house in less than a day, although tall ceilings (moving the ladder) slows me down.

Every dollar of labor I save is a dollar in my pocket. I have a hard time paying for things I can do myself in a timely manner. Let the pros do the things you can’t do yourself.

My thoughts EXACTLY!