My first rehab, with pics

explain that brick painting to me. it looks like the bricks and the mortar were painted separately, which would be a pain in the rear. is that just my eyes playing tricks on me, and it’s actually all one color?

either way, looks really good!

Yes, all one color bricks. The front wall up top on the right you can see a different brick was used. It shows up in the picture quite well, but actually, in real life, you can’t tell. I don’t know why it is more obvious in pictures.

They just rolled it, all one color, and most of it took one coat.

all one color… must be the shadows playing tricks on me… it looks great… we’re waiting on pics of the inside!!!

Here are a few…

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/EleNest/PICT0202.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/EleNest/PICT0204.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/EleNest/PICT0224.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/EleNest/PICT0201.jpg

Nice :brow

Looks great! Very clean and light. Went a little chincy on the kitchen faucet eh?

LOL, Busted!

Seriously, the plumber picked it out, I saw it only after it was installed. ( First project, learning numerous things, lol )

I requested the type of faucet, single ball, less maintenance for a rental, but had no clue the sprayer would be plastic. Ugh. We had a similar faucet in the house I grew up in, minus the plastic, and it lasted for 20+ years with me and my brother’s abuse. Sold. lol

Just to make sure you see the whole picture ( not sure what size monitor you may have ), but the center of the front wall is siding, and is painted a lighter color than the brick, as is the wood trim area around the front door. Are those the areas in question?

This is a basic house, the faucet isn’t going to make or break it. Of course if it bothers you it can be replaced or if it bothers the buyer you can throw in a better on as an incentive. We’re not talking a mansion here so a regular buyer won’t even notice. Everything is new and clean, that’s all that matters.

Our last rehab I let my contractor pick out the faucet and he picked the exact same one! I had him take it out and replace it with a nicer one. I agree Rich that the faucet isn’t a make or break, and maybe it is just the fact that I know what I am looking at. But: When my contractor replaced the old faucet with a higher quality one ($40-$50), it popped. I have had quite a few comments about how nice it looks. So the old faucet was $25-$30, the new one $40-$50, to me it’s alot of little things like that that make or break a sale. If somebody sees me going chincy on one thing they are going to look for it everywhere else.

As far as this rehab goes it looks like you went the distance. The house looks beautiful and I think you did an awesome job! Keep it up and good luck selling this one!

Thanks a lot! It’s rented for now, they are moving in today, and tomorrow will be the first day of their one year lease. May sell in one or two years, may hold it for the long haul, not sure.

When you decide you can always offer your tenants an option to buy it…

:biggrin ELEPHANTNEST: THATS WHAT IM TALKING BOUT… SEEK & DESTROY or in your case SEEK & REPAIR LOL. No but seriously it looks GREAT. Perfect example of not being scared, you saw it for what it was,$$$$$$$$. Thats doing your do diligence, you looked past the carnage and went straight to the numbers. Excellent job (again) for your first rehabb Just hope my first one goes as well as yours did congrats. Hopefully not as much work :beer

Thanks a lot. I’m so stoked. The new tenants spent their first night in there last night, and were very excited. I must admit, it was exciting for me as well.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I’m very happy for you!

I can’t wait until I can say the same! (successful first flip… and sell in my case) Looks great!

It looks terrific and I’m so glad that you took the time to post “Before” and “After” pictures - very inspiring!

Thanks for letting us share in your success…

Topaz

Congratulations! You did an awesome job and the numbers look great. Thanks for sharing…very inspiring.

I think I would of lease optioned this one out. Collected about $3000-$5000 upfront option fee, and a monthly cash flow, let it appreciated at least 2 years, whats your appreciation rate?? 5%, 2 years, $148,800. Tenant dont work out,just start it again. 148,800-85,000=$63,800!! and im guessin your appreciation rate is better then 5% huh? Gotta love real estate. :bobble

is this over in long beach by chance? i live in biloxi and own gulf coast- homebuyers.

seems like i saw this house before…

good job though, send some pics of the finished product…