Is Today THE DAY?

I know! ME! I feel 100% confident parking my money with ME! That’s the advantage of my silly little rental property business.

I should have been more clear mike…I’m talking about keeping the money liquid…Real Estate is an illiquid asset…I dont think its a bad idea to invest in income properties if people are doing it the way you are…But after a few years in the RE business using property managers I would rather not invest in income properties…You are doing the entire job yourself and thats the way to make money but we have been through this a few times already…It doesnt pay for me to do that…I truly hate tenants and their petty BS,I also feel the same about lying pos property managers…And I thought I had good ones…I make some money but its not worth it to me…I have a nice rent roll annually but its not run correctly…I’m with a new lying pos PM now,lets see how long his honeymoon period lasts…

RookieNYC,

What’s the word on the street about the stock market today? Give me a full report! Are we going to break down, down, down?

Mike

What’s the word on the street about the stock market today? Give me a full report! Are we going to break down, down, down?

I dont see why the markets arent going to crash to new lows…The free markets HATE Obama and they have zero faith in his policies…His ratings are a dead short from here…His stimulus plan has been interpreted by the free markets as something of a modern day Robin Hood…Take from the rich and give to the irresponsible…What a country…This man will be a one term President and his economical agenda will erode what is left that made this country great…

Being the eternal cynic, I’ve been wondering lately who keeps buying at the 7,700 level? Do you think that the government or FED could secretly be buying stocks to prop up the market? In Bernanke’s speech today, he talked about providing transparency as long as it didn’t affect the success of policy. I interpreted that to mean that the FED could keep things secret if that served its needs. Far fetched? I don’t think so.

Mike

What's the word on the street

Brooklyn?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ88oTITMoM

-Mike

little stress relief…nice sax solo at the end.

That is very cynical–I never would have thought of that. But I like it!

Do you think that the government or FED could secretly be buying stocks to prop up the market?

Highly probable…imo.

Right now they’re starring at that 7000 mark…that’s a hugh emotional breach…being that it’s half of the previous wealth.

Look at today’s action…a major fight between bulls and bears.

Bears were ripping things apart. White House had to do a live press conference to intervene.

They were lucky to claw back to a 100 point loss…a nice clean number that they fought tooth and nail for.

Just to get some breathing room on the situation.

Conjecture?

Doubt it.

-Mike

I agree Mike. The market looked like it could sell-off and then - BANG - the Obama administration said exactly what the markets wanted it to say. I think Obama is being held hostage by Wall Street. He MUST do exactly what they want or the market will crash. Despite Obama’s best effort today, the market still continued it’s slow depression style grind down.

Mike

down $6800 at worst point of the day…then we rallied and I was up $6200…then my greed kicked in and instead of selling and booking profit near that high level I held on and finished down $24.92 (where I sold it all)…Cost me more to park my car today…I always say it,pigs get slaughtered…I’m not even angry…Thats the way it is…I lost $24 on the day but the investor got hammered…Could be worse…

Then again who said the safety of a 150 year old Insurance company is safe either at this juncture...Thats what makes this moment in time so difficult..You don't know who to trust..Banks,Insurance cos,equity markets,commodities,government...Who do you feel %100 safe parking your money with?...I have no clue...

rookie…glad to see you manuevered your way back to breakeven yesterday.

-Mike

I say, let it die. The greedies driving the bus didnt care who they were hurting along the way. But now they want us all to help them out?

Isn’t that just a pisser of a day when you spend more parking or for gas then you make. Might as well have stayed home and watched TV. You would be $24, plus parking, plus gas better off than you are without doing anything and zero stress.