investing and age

I wouldnt start a job with insufficient funds either.
Certain strategies come with certain risks which is why it is paramount to do the due dilligence. Did the guy do his due dilligence? Did he overspend unneccesarily? Or was he just plain down on his luck? Like you said, that’s your gain right?
I suffered from “should I or shouldnt I paralysis” thinking about all the things that could go wrong and doing nothing about it. Education is important but I’ve had my fill of the books, courses and bootcamps. I heard of this couple that spent over $100k on bootcamps before buying a single property. I would have rather spent $10k on one boot camp and lose the other $90k to unforseen circumstances. At least I tried and hopefully learned from the mistakes.

Rich_in_ct your right. Theres not going to be a 8-5 income, but there are other sources of income (ex. military, school, etc.) available, so even though I dont do any of the financing, there’s money when needed. Another thing in my situation is that I’m not an individual and we (my partners also) all have incomes and we have a financial partner. We’re also looking to use creative financing techniques.

Our problem was more on leads (finding good leads and motivated sellers) and using different methods from forums(such as this one ;D), books, etc. They have picked up.

Yeah thats a lot just for the education before even getting at least one property in between. Hopefully it pays or paid off because thats a lot of information to try and grasp, too much information at once can be very overwelming, confusing, and discouraging especially when your first starting out. But I can see that much+ throughout your investing

Oh they are successful now. Selling courses, radio show and no doubt very wealthy. But despite all the education, they STILL got stiffed by unscrupulous contractors and had to learn other things at the school of hard knocks.
Lose some sleep, lose some money, lose some dignity. Keep at it and it will pay off…eventually.

Well thats great. :slight_smile: To each its own. Some things you cant avoid and you learn thru trial.