How can I locate foreclosures?

Amazed at how many people want everything spoon fed to them.

it’s not asking for being spoonfed…just a difference between going off on saying nothing and giving ppl some extra support

There is another stream on this question as well, that may provide some additional answers. What I have found is that this varies from state to state. From what I understand, in those states that have a NOD available tiltle companies may have that information available. In states, like mine (virginia) they will most likely not have info. on foreclosures. I guess there is probably variation from title co. to title comapny too. So, if you have never heard of people getting info. from title companies, it may be because it is not a common practice in your state.

(I don’t know how to insert a quote), “Newbies expect answers handed to them on a silver platter …Why would anyone ask this question when you can just do a google search…”

Personally, I have spent hours doing such searches and have never really figured anything out. When you’re new at this, its hard to know what is what. I found ample sites with foreclosure listings that wanted money to give me the lists, and also sites telling me what a bunch of bull these subscription sites are…

I’ll have to admit, as a newbie myself, I’ve definitely posted a few stupid questions. But being so eager to learn the real deal as I am. … When you do an internet search, you aren’t exactly asking a seasoned investor. Half of what you see is bull Sh*t and the other half might be accurate. Its nice to be able to come here and ask someone who knows.
And to me it seems that most of the experienced investors who post here and answer stupid questions dont mind . Why would they take the time at all??? Why would you? You must like to sit here and answer questions or you would just ignore the newbies and hope they go away>
Be easy on us… You were probably like us once. Eager to learn instead of eager to jump down someone’s throat.

If initially you don’t mind trading time for $$$…as a long way around if u r trying to save marketing dollars just starting out…

1. go to www.netronline.com and enter your target area zipcode(s).
    tons of foreclosures, reo’s and preforeclosures will pop up. Unless you pay for a subscription the only thing that is free are the preforeclosures with the address and owner’s name without the street number. Get the street name and owner’s name.
  2. go to your county tax appraisal website. find the property records section and find the street number to the street name by searching by owner’s name.
  3. get in contact with owner (e.g. direct mail, phone, yellow letter, postcard, etc.)
  4. repeat the process again and again.

This works if you work a specific area over and over again. You have to be diligent and not give up. Good Luck!