Got my first property under contract

Gold River, you have the patience of Jobe. Maybe if we didn’t hand hold the guy he cud figure some things out by himself, like we did.
The first book I purchased on RE was only $19.95 & 4.95 Shipping
Before I received the book I started getting calls from the Guru’s hard sales team wanting me to upgrade to one on one mentoring.
I told them I don’t have thousands of dollars to pay for that, he asked if I had a credit card.
I then asked if everything I need to know is in the book? He said yes it is. But he says some people need additional help, I told him no thanks and hung while he was still talking.
I knew one guy that had paid 30 Grand on all the extra training. He had a room in his house turned into an office with all the bad ass equipment, computer, phones, etc, and even a gorgeous oak desk. He has never done a deal.
It just blows me away, I can do what I do from a $20 book and taking action.

Yea I’m trying to take action.

Having trouble running comps.

You say that you use the Zestimate, but I have been told not to do that.

I should get a hang of it within a month.

You said that it took you three years to get good at it.

Come to think of it, I’m just gonna start using the Zestimate.

Close enough.

Hi,

Redstar, "I DO NOT USE THE ZESTIMATE"!!!!!!!

I use the actual price of the individual sold property shown with “Yellow” icons on the map! You see the yellow icons by setting the property parameters at the top, there is a “Red” and a “Blue” dots on the left side of the words “Listing Type” click the drop down menu and set the check mark boxes to RED DOT “For Sale” - “By Agent / By Owner” and set YELLOW DOT “Recently Sold”.

The ICONS show up on the map, when you hover over it, it shows beds, baths and the icon shows price!!! When you open the yellow icon it shows date sold, and it usually shows photo’s, has a description and shows sales / sq. ft. and market data!!!

Look only at the “YELLOW ICONS” for SOLD DATA!!! PERIOD!!!

Zestimate is like Cheech and Chong smoking doobies and guessing whether a house is worth $1 dollar or $100,000,000 dollars! Nothing in factual real data, only sold properties with yellow icon and a closing “Sale” date are factual!

GR

Even though Goldriver has vowed to stay sane, he still finds himself trying to help the Redstar, I have tried intervention, but Goldriver insists on trying to help this guy with endless questions who never tries to figure anything out on his own.
The questions continue, they will never stop or make sense, GoldRiver must stop of face permanent insanity. Rando pleads with him to no avail. Soon years have passed, the endless questions keep coming. Rando is hiding out in the hills of northern Idaho, hunting bear with his buck knife and eating insects, he enjoys his life of solitude and foraging, just thankful he don’t have to answer anymore of those damn questions from RedStar.

I know, but there’s not always exact comparables.

Like I said, this is something I need to learn.

I tried the other day and posted about 15 properties in the mile radius.

It’s still hard for me to come up with an exact figure of ARV.

I’ll get it soon enough.

This first month is the learning curve, and 688 Walkup went under contract just as I sent my offer in. I probably waited too long. Next time, I will jump on it right away without hesitation.

Once I do this once, I can do it 5 times per month no problem in theory, especially if it was so easy for you to find one on Zillow just like that.

Lol.

Didn’t you see me try to do comparables on another post?

I seriously am trying. I will get the hang of this soon.

Once I get my first taste, I will be hooked.

Hi Rando,

I have given up and am hitch hiking to Idaho with my fly rod and hunting rifle, see you soon!

GR

I’ll let you know when I have my first profit.