Disputing credit score

Let me begin by saying I am not someone who offers these and have nothing to gain by those looking to do it. And I promise, I won’t be calling you.

I am not looking to argue with anyone here. And I appreciate the information and knowledge I have gained by coming here.

I came here seeking information about something which was already being discussed. Because I, and others I know, want to know if it is a legitimate way to bump scores. Everything I have read thus far supports the fact that they are legal and can help in most cases.

“There are disputes on the threads as to whether these work.”

Where are these disputes you speak of? I have read every post on this topic and have done a great deal of research beyond this site and have yet to find any solid, verifiable evidence that they are not legal or do not work.

I am just a consumer seeking information about something which I have been told could help boost my score.

If you have solid, verifiable proof that they do not work or are not legal, please help me and others make the right decision by showing us your proof.

I WANT TO KNOW!

Thanks.

"Anyway, this is getting off topic and we don’t want to hijack the dicussion out of respect for the original poster. "

I agree. And we wouldn’t be discussing it here if

A. The original thread on the topic of seasoned trade lines was locked for further discussion.

B. Someone in this thread stated “just trying to improve my credit score to get better loan rate!! “ and I pointed to the thread about seasoned credit lines. To which you responded and it when from there.

Thanks, drcpr, for the good info and advice.

Just send over free forms.

Posted by: JOHNNY Q Posted on: February 06, 2007, 09:16:12 PM Insert Quote Just send over free forms.

Uh…o.k.? What does that response have to do with anything that is being discussed? Are you just trying to run up your post count?

He never makes any sense. :anon

Maybe he is trying to enhance his credibility… :biggrin

The three companies you mentioned are all credit repositories that distribute credit reports to the lending industry.

The number of times these companies appear on your credit report equate to the number of lenders that previewed your credit report. Did you shop for a mortgage with a number of lenders? If you didn’t, you might be a victim of circumstance, more specifically a trigger lead.

Approx. 10% of your score is derived by the number of inquiries made on your credit report, so you have a right to be concerned, but I would not make any significant investment in trying to undo this (as this only has a temporary effect; should return to normal in 30-45 days [assuming you haven’t added any more debt in this time]).

The next time you work with somebody in the mortgage industry, ask them to assist you in “opting out”.

Regards,

Scott Miller