Craigs List

Excellent site.

How do I get unbanned from Craigslist? I think I was posting too much and now I can’t open it up. Anyone Know? ???

I recently learned of Craigs list and just posted an ad…too early to tell how it will do.
Are there any other sites like Craigs list to post ads for free?
Thanks

Originally it was, then due to popularity grew up everywhere. ;D

I have been using craigslist for a while now. They only keep your ad for 7 days so you just have to constantly post on it.

Recently I found another site www.findmyroof.com, which is also free. It looks like a new site but it’s pretty easy to use so why not…

They make it easy to repost when you get the account. They store your messages in your profile and you can just extend it rather than retype it.

draegarfrog you can always use a different email address and different computer (a friend’s or the library, although if you are not really sure why you got banned you should probably go with the library so that you don’t inadvertantly get your friend banned too).

Thanks, I was able to get back on the next day…maybe they just put me on time out with no desert…

hi deborahwells,

I have an acct w/ Craigslist. I read your post about reposting. I don’t see an easy way to repost with them. I always have to delete my existing post and create a new one pasting everything back in & inserting pics again.

I looked through their help forum & FAQ. People didn’t mention any other alternatives. Can you please explain what you do to repost easily? Or extend your posting?

Thanks!
:smiley:

Thanks Deborah for the your ad! Hope you don’t mind me taking some of your marketing ad ideas and incorporating for my buyers list.

:smiley:

both sites are very cool.

Hi…I just saw this so hopefully this is still useful to you. When you sign in to your account, your old posts should still be there and you should be able to re-post them. I’ve done it plenty of times. Maybe it’s because I’m doing plain text, and it sounds like you are doing html (ok ok so now I’m grasping, but I really don’t understand why it isn’t working for you ??? ). I’m trying to walk through it on their website, but of course just because I need it, the posting side is down or something. I will look into it when the site goes back up and post back or PM you ok?

HTH…d

so when you post on there - you post in your local area and then post a seperate posting in ther other areas.

so if i wanted someone in Nevada to check out my land in GA, then i’d post it in the GA forums - correct?

Yes, you would post it in whatever area your target audience would be. If you post it in more than one place, you’ll need to completely re-word it and re-title it or else “Craig” won’t let you post the same message in more than one place at one time.

Hi Deborah

I had never clicked again on my deleted posts. I did & now see the repost button. Should I wait 48hours to repost if I deleted as recommended even if the post is over a wk old? That question might be a little too technical so don’t worry about it if you don’t know. I’m trying to find answer now in forum.

Today, one of my active posts actually had a repost button instead of the usual edit, delete buttons. But the others didn’t. These posts are all over a wk old.

Thanks for checking into it. I’m just SUPER HAPPY now that I know where that silly repost button is. So much easier. THANK YOU!!!

repost button?

Hi Revest…I think the repost feature works for me because I use it for a perpetual type of ad (looking for buyers) without any details that will need changing like it would for selling properties. Since I never change it, I never even paid attention to the absence of an “edit” button. Sorry about that. Hopefully one of the craigslist forum members can help you out–there are some smart folks over there ;D. Good luck!..d

When you log into your account, you will see all the ads you have ever made on CL. You have to click on the particular ad to see the repost button. If you don’t see it, it is possible it is because the ad is not yet expired.

I have been using craigslist for over 2 years now to advertise apartments and rooms for rent. First time it was not so but because the site has got so busy lately, withing an hour after putting and ad ( depending on your area, I am in NY so it is very busy) it gets pushed down to the bottom. The thing is you are not allowed to post the same ad until after 7 days.

What I have done to cheat the system and as someone else was trying to explain above is, to use several e mail address posting the same ad. I try to make the heading a little different all the time so as not to get my post deleted. Because if they figure out it is the same ad, you will get a message in the mail that your post was deleted or you might see the message as you are posting, that you have posted a similar ad recently or something like that. There system tracks a posting by the e mail address one uses so by using different e mail addresses, you can cheat the system.

You do not have to choose to signup when you are trying to cheat. Just post and not use the sign in feature and you want be recognized. For eg. I have one e mail that I use to sign up with them… When I want to post another of the same ad. I just open one browser, sign into my ads and copy, open another browser to craiglist and paste it to a new ad.

I hope I have not totally confused anyone more and I have actually explained so you understand.

I think this is why when I tried this a couple months ago, I only got 3, yes, count 'em THREE, people to respond to my ad, I guess it got pushed down.

I didn’t know that you could repost after 7 days though, so maybe I will try craigslist again, because it sounds great, but I just didn’t get much response from it in my area…yet! lol

WE HAVE DEALS

or

I HAVE DEALS

Wow, very helpful…thanks.