Countrywide Changing PMI Removal Rules?

Landsafe is HANDS DOWN the worst national appraisal management company out there. It will be a complete waste of your money.

Amish,
Yes, I don’t want to pay for an appraisal at all. When I calculate the amount to be paid into PMI over 10 years I am angry that I didn’t just borrow that additional 10% in some other fashion, like a fixed rate credit card, when I bought the house.

The house was only $68,800. An additional 10% downpayment would have been $6,880. Instead they want me to pay 120 payments of $46.44. Which is $5,573 plus $665 appraisal!

So I will be paying $6238 for the privilege of NOT having come up with $6880! That $6238 for Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) to protect the lender against my default is just MONEY FLUSHED DOWN THE TOILET!

I am going to keep hammering to get this changed. If I can’t, then it is a heck of a good lesson for me. Those good lessons cost. I am furious that I am being ripped off. Me and lots of other homeowners.

Furnishedowner

small claims court?

Maybe. I haven’t had good luck with the judges here.

Furnishedowner

Good luck with country wide I have them also they are the worth in the business. Now Bank of America is taking over all of their note’s maybe you will have a better chance now.