BUYING PROPERTY AS-IS

Capgiant - Tisc… Tisc… Tisc… When you said before that you had already submitted your offer, I assumed you meant that you sent her a contract to purchase real estate, not an email… But now, reading your latest post, it seems that all you did was talk with her on the phone, and send emails… When I suggested to put things in writing, I meant in a contract to purchase real estate. Each estate has one. Once you submit a valid offer, the real estate agent has to submit it to her client. This is an agency requirement. There is only one exception to this rule - if the client had explicitly told her to not submit, which is very rare. Usually the clients want to see all the offers.

May I be blunt with you? She is not completely wrong when she says that you are wasting her time… You may think you are negotiating with her, but all you are doing is “kicking the tires”… If you are really interested in this property, write a contract and send it to her. And let the negotiations begin…

Please, don’t be offended by my comment. I am just trying to help. You can always disregard my comment… My wife usually disregards my comments and it doesn’t seem to bother her… :O)

Good luck! Please keep us posted! I am VERY curious about this deal…

j1dias:

Hey there!! I am not offended at all by your comments, I appreciate the input but here’s the deal…

I aked her the 1st time we talked where and how do I submit my offer and here is what she told me (her words verbatim from the email):

“Well Michelle the only way to get an offer to the bank is through me. Please type your formal offer into an email stating that you are officially submitting your offer for X amount and then send it to me and I will submit it to the bank.”

That is exactly what I did, but I sent it without my POF (my bad), so she called me and said to send her my POF, so I did, then that’s when she started researching the POF…

So then she called me and started questioning me about the POF and saying that I needed to send her a 5,000 earnest check to go with the offer!! I told her I was not going to send HER any money. I told her I will fax her a copy of the earnest check but that I would only make it out for 1,000. I told her to please submit my offer with 1,000 and if the bank needed more earnest they could counter offer me. And I asked her why was she researching my POF and she told me that it is the agents job to fully research the funds and make sure they are legit…is this true? Isn’t this the banks job??

Then after I sent her that email, that is when she said she isn’t spending any more time on this…

So if you ask me, I think she was wasting my time and giving me the runaround…all I wanted to do was get my offer to the bank…

:banghead

Capgiant - The first sentence is correct. You have to go through her. However, the second part of her statement is where you should not have followed. An email is not binding. What would happen, you send an email, she sends to the bank, the bank accepts, and then what? You would still need to send a contract in writing (not email) to make it binding. Guess what… You are wasting your time. Right now she is not violating any agency rules if she doesn’t submit your “offer” to the bank - it is not an offer until you sign it. Next time - do not send your offer in an email. Send it in something that if the other party accepts, they sign and than it is binding on them and on you… You don’t want the other party to be “accepting” the “offer” you sent in an email and then when you send the real thing, they have second thoughts…

Good luck!

j1dias:

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. I really hate it when people waste my time. I mean really, what’s the point?

:rolleyes