Buyer threatening to sue us after closing.

Thank a lot for the replies. I am doing exactly what aak5454 has said. We are not going to respond at all. We have put the letters in our old home folder and we are not going to worry about it. It was nice to actually hear back from an attorney and him telling us pretty much what we already knew.

We had contacted other attorneys and one told us that they wouldn’t take the case beacuse they already had too many clients. My husband explained the situation to the other attorney and said he had too many clients. We thought that he knew that this wasnt even gonna go to court.

My parents bought a home that did this same exact thing. They told me that they had to have a sewer company come out and have the line roto rootered ever 3-5 yrs, which I assume would be considered maintenance and not a material defect. Thanks a lot again.

jennyb

Thanks for giving the “rest of story”. This key to these forums and helps everybody learn.

Mike (dude with a boring day-job and long-time RE Investor)

Good luck jennyb!! And by the way, I’m in illinois too!! Near Taylorville actually–just 30 miles!! Keep us posted!!

ready2invest,

Oh wow. We are located in Mt. Zion. I will keep ya posted.