Agents

Many agents (myself included) set up a business plan. In my business plan, I will not work with any buyer unless they want exclusive representation. I respect not everyone wants that, I am not available to those individuals. I give no time what so ever to non clients, unless they call regarding my listing, in which case I explain I am representing the best interest of the seller.

reoconsultants,

Why have 20 eyes looking at the same material on the MLS. That is just 20 different phone calls you will be getting when something comes on the market. Once I look for properties for a client the first time (on the MLS), it is just a matter of watching the hotsheet for new things on the market, price changes, or stagnant properties with motivated sellers. I can understand maybe having a couple people help you out. You can still try and be loyal to a few. But when you start talking to several agents, you are going to get a lot less help. Agents in town talk and it will get around that someone is working with many people. I will say though, I will still look for properties for an investor that may have another agent looking more so than I will for just the everyday buyer. If a normal buyer says they are working with someone else, they just lost me.

Edited - other posts being altered by Moderator

Hey,
To both Infowell and REO - glad you guys are back in new, improved, mellowed conditions.
Peace,
Richard