Advice for a newbie on rehabbing

If anyone has contacts in the Austin, Houston area that they wouldn’t mind sending along to my husband and I, it would be greatly appreciated.

Newbies we are.

Thanks in advance

There are several ways to get into this. Starting out, “HELP” is the best way to get on the ground running. You can look into your area to see if there is a local club.

Or some areas have companies that specialize in helping people get going. Some call this mentors, or coaches, etc…

In IN, we have a group that basically does everything for us, from finding the properties, to negotiation, to telling us what to fix, how much to expect to put into and how much to expect to get out of it.

-c

We have been investing since 2001, I think you are getting in over your head and you have not even started yet. 1st of all, buying through a realtor, not a good idea. You need to be buying a property at 65% or less. you can find people with lists of properties at that or less. second your talking about a HUGE project, why start so big? is that your passion? you sound like yo will be short on time. Just start basic, paint and carpet. do a deal start to finish first… then gradually get bigger. contact me personally- i can shed light on a lot if your int.

1st of all, buying through a realtor, not a good idea.

That’s ridiculous. I have bought a bunch of rentals from realtors at huge discounts. The trick is to find a realtor that will find deals that meet your criteria. In addition, most REOs are listed with Realtors and these can also be an excellent source of great deals. The point is that you should not limit your ability to find deals by excluding any source. I don’t care who brings me the deal - ALL THAT MATTERS IS THAT THE NUMBERS WORK.

Mike

Yes your right you can find deals through realtors… But like you said that should not be your only source. Thats better put. And I agree- it doesn’t matter who brings the deal as long as the #'s work.