Advantages / Disadvantages of Sub2 / Lease Option

Vshal,

I don’t deal in what if’s, I deliver a scripted presentation to my sellers that has worked for me hundreds of times.

When I am finished with my face to face presentation with the sellers, they must convince me to purchase their property on my terms and conditions or I will not purchase the property.

We must remember that we do not have to sell a car salesman on selling us a vehicle, we are the “buyer” so we need to be sold. Same thing applies when purchasing a property.

John $Cash$ Locke

ooooohhhhhh yaaaaa,

That was an eye opener, I did read about that someplace but never thought it would work this way, now that Ive had a word with you it seems to be so true…!!!

Just a question about ur presentation as in a Powerpoint presentation or does it mean you talk the talk of a buyer ?

Thanks a ton again

Vshal,

First let me set the stage on how I do business. The seller must call me this is done through my message to market advertising. By using Demographic Marketing research I pretty much know who needs to sell and these are the sellers I market to.

On the phone my job is to set the appointment, no “what if’s” all I really need is the address of the seller, then after hanging up within fifteen minutes I know, how much they owe, what their interest rate is, how much the house is worth, what to offer and how long it will take to sell the property, etc.

There are two different presentations I use. One is done verbally which take about 45 minutes to close the deal and is used when more time needs to be spent with the seller due to different circumstances, such as a high amount equity, seller needs to purchase another property, etc.

If the deal is just cut and paste I use my Cash Now Presentation Movie, which was produced for this purpose. Using the movie takes less time to close the deal and part of the closing process is still verbal. No Power Points are used.

John $Cash$ Locke

Hi Cash,

I tried calling a couple of ADs from the news paper but I have realised that there are others as well who are calling the same Ads for L/O or L/P deals. One seller told me that “I don’t need an Investor, I need a buyer to get me out of the property & have recd a lot of calls from other investors offering the same solutions”. So I didn’t have any answer to that.

I think marketting is a key here, I have made some flyers to distribute in my area. I have selected a farm area & I know the approximate prices in the area as well. I will put up the flyers this weekend or one of these weekdays but its that typical “I BUY HOUSES” flyer & want to make a lil different ( any suggestions ).

ok, now after I have distributed the flyers & get call from a seller 1st step would be to get the address / price they are asking for & most important what is the sellers motivation - I’m I right here ?

Thanks

Vshal

So you think there is a lot of competion out there. Where here are some numbers to contemplate.

I would safely say that the top 3 infomercial Guru’s have each sold over a million copies of their materials. So in numbers this means that divided equally there are over 60,000 creative investors in every state.

This should tell you that you had better be different in how you talk with sellers, because chances are they have already heard and turned down several investors. The main reason is they probably they did not Set The Appointment with the seller and did the “what if’s” on the phone. Then when the seller says the same thing you just reported, the investor says to themselves “well they wern’t really motivated”.

When you absolutely, positively, have to sell your house today, call Vshal now at 555-1212

When a seller gives you a call from the above you had better be ready to set the appointment, show up and deliver with your method of investing. If you start with the what if’s such as price they are asking or their motivation you have lost before you start. They don’t know who you are and why would they give you information about themselves, would you do it with a stranger on the phone?

Show up and find out their “motivation”, maybe you cannot help them, but you can give them advice as to what is best for them. I have done this and you will find that referral business will start coming your way. Even though you did not purchase their house, they will certainly tell their friends about you, who may need the help you can provide.

John $Cash$ Locke

Hi Cash,

Ive got a prospect who might be ready for a lease option / lease purchase & will be meeting them tomorrow.

Any thought from you about how do I go about explaining the lease option deals or subject 2 deal to them so that they agree to it.

Their motivation as of now from what I know is that they want to move to a bigger place.

This might be my 1st break :slight_smile:

Appreciate your inputs,

Vishal.

Vishal, pardon me for jumping in here, but you really have to check this out:

http://www.reiclub.com/products/70

I think it might answer a lot of your questions and give you a really good systematic start in this business.

I’ve heard that the author has some actual experience in the field. :wink:

Hi,

I have seen the product & seems to be interesting. I sure will buy it in the future to learn more, in the meantime I need to get this deal going & I am meeting the seller today so don’t have that time to read the material.

Regards,
Vishal

Vishal,

I’m sure I’m not the only one reading this that’s thinking you’re gonna get your butt burned jumping into deals when you don’t know how to do them. Do things in the proper order. The deals will be there when you’re ready.

Johns course is excellent and you’ll understand why I’m saying what I’m saying after you’ve studied it. No one is going to help you rush into a mistake.

Sorry for being so blunt. It’s for your own good.

Regards,

MikeB

Hey Mike,

Appreciate your bluntness, I have read MSI from Peter & David so I am pretty confident of being out there and getting some deals.

I am not saying the John’s course is not going to help me, I am very sure there is some real good information in the course. All Im saying is that what do you’ll think I should ask the seller while I am there talking to them.

I know all you people are here to help and provide some real valuable information about RE Investing & I appreciate all the effort of the Guru’s here.

But if I keep reading about RE Investing, when will actually do the deals ? I really like reading & I don’t mind reading & learning I know its for my own good but unless I do the deal’s I will never learn I don’t want to be a book investor I wanna be a real investor.

Don’t mean to hurt anyone, I apologise if i did but this is what feel.

Thanks,
Vishal

Guys,

Even if I don’t get the deal it doesn’t matter, atleast I need to go out and speak to the sellers in order to learn what can be their expectations, how to tackle them, how to answer their questions.

I think this is a start of it atleast I will over come the fear of talking with the sellers which most starting off investors have isn’t it.

Thanks
Vishal

Vshal,

You are correct it is important you get out and get face to face, but what you say makes the difference, however let us know how it went.

We are pulling for you.

John $Cash$ Locke

Hey Cash,

Thats some inspiration, appreciate.

Since what you say makes the difference, I did ask for it “what should I say / talk to the seller” any inputs ?

I know its the money game & I am not too good at it at the moment but I will learn I know I will learn, doesn’t matter what it takes I will play the game and play it right.

Thanks,

Vishal

John’s right. It’s what you say. And it’s hard to learn in a day. Trust me on that one. John knows what to say, and passes it along to his students

Hey Guys,

I met the seller, the house was so impressive I cannot express the location is excellent but sadly the seller is not ready for a lease option. They want to move to a bigger place so they want to sell this house ( I know thats not exactly a motivation for a lease option or sub 2 deal ) & they are open to offers.

I learnt a lot today, not every seller will want a lease option, they did like the idea of lease option but they said that in this part of the world this strategy wouldn’t work so I just kept shut. Since its the sellers market no one would entertain a lease option / sub 2 deal & that if they list the property it will get sold in days. I did reply to that saying that yes it will sell but then what equity you have in the house half will be taken away by the realtor.

The meeting was very interesting I really had a good learning experience today, though discouraging it hasn’t put my spirits down instead I am more excited about making it happen as the seller said “If you get a deal like that, please do let me know” so I want to let them know that this works.

Any commments, criticism anything at all is appreciated.

Takecare guys,
Vishal

hello again,
So
thats my story for now, i am currently reading some material after which I will read the ZigZiglar book mentioned by Cash & next John’s courese.
Im I in the right direction here ?

Takecare,
Vishal

Vshal,

Read Zig’s book then see if you beleive you can move forward with what he teaches and apply the basics to creative investing.

John $Cash$ Locke

Hey Thanks Cash,

I am definately moving in the right direct & will let you know about my progress

Vishal