adding appliances to completed rehabs

There’s a place near me that has nice used appliances, would be a good choice for a starter home or rental. If I was selling anything better than a starter home I’d drop an extra few hundred and pick out some pretty decent new ones, not low end and not $1000 each. I think buyers might also appreciate the fact that they are putting the cost of appliances into their low rate mortgage and not on their credit card.

“…I think buyers might also appreciate the fact that they are putting the cost of appliances into their low rate mortgage and not on their credit card. …”

This is a good point I hadn’t thought of :wink:

I am including new appliances in my current rehab. But it is mainly because of the type of rehab and sale. I need the “oooh” and “ahh” factor to get top dollar in the area I am in. If I was rehabing a rental or in a “lower rent” part of town, then used appliances would make perfect sense. I believe it is the end product that determines which you use.

Great Thread! My wife and I were just discussing this topic the other day.

Jeff (Also in WI)

Jeff,

Where are you at in Wisconsin? I’m in Appleton.

Nate-WI

Sending you an email Nate. I’m just north of Madison.

Jeff

IMO if it was a rental i would put in new appliances, they will be cheaper in the end because they will last longer and have a much longer warranty, instead of having to replace used one every 2 or 3 years.

I do agree it all depends on the area you are rehabbing.
But I am still set on new ones not used.
If it is under $100,000 like in your case (sorry didn’t read it carefully) I would get less expensive appliances.

BUt you do need a few things in the house that surprises any prospective buyers.you might not get the money back but you definetely stand a chance to sell it quicker.

my 2 cents :slight_smile:

Ang.