A new investor?

Strictly, MHO, but if I had to choose just ONE book that every RE investor should own, it would be The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller. Simply the best book on understanding the foundations of real estate investing.

Good poing NoMoneyDown.

I have read that book also and I forgot to put that one on the list. Oops.

I don’t own that book but it was loaned to be my another successful real estate investor.

I could take your 30K buy you a lot in a neighborhood I am currently working in. Set you up with a const to perm loan build your house and you should realize a profit of about 25K.

If I could pull something like that off I would be thrilled…But I don’t ::slight_smile:

Well I’m 20 years old and live with my parents and THEY own the house that I live in now. ;]

Good one… :slight_smile:

I’m so-o-o happy to see such a young person on these forums. Unless you’re lying then that’s another story. But what you’ll learn from this site will astound you and your parents if you let them in on it. Learn how to start off on the RIGHT foot will make you a millionaire by they time you’re 30. Remember FEAR keeps you safe and comfortable, but safe and comfortable makes you “well-off” if not poor. But FEAR is usually related to lack of knowledge so educate yourself as much as possible and throw your ideas out on this forum and you’ll have some real life people help you get over your FEARS.

good luck and prosper.

Haha REIman…I’m not lying, I promise. I have been investing in the stock market since I was about 17 and did pretty well. I would like to put my money in a more tangible and secured avenue of investment. I am doing my best to educate myself and I have been reading a lot. I have been thinking about joining an REI group in my area called Garden State Real Estate Inventment Association (GSREIA), but I have heard that a lot of REI groups are just “gurus” who troll “REI” groups trying to take advantage of newbies and sell them bogus courses that promise instant millions. I am hoping that is not exactly the case since I would like to meet people actually in the field and making deals.

john

seems that there are alot of younger folks on this board.

That is great.
I just turned 24 and am glad to see others my age on here!