A Little bit of birddogging help please...

Hi, I just had a very quick and simple question which is, how can I use real estate agents to my advantage in finding properties? I’m not too sure if they would be willing or unwilling to help (eg - providing lists, ads, etc.) I appreciate all feedback!

Howdy Jmarc85:

The first list that came to mind is the expired listings. These folks are ready to sell and their Realtor could not sell during the listing period. Great source for motivated sellers.

Hi:

I don’t know what state you are in, so I’m not sure of your local realtors MLS options. I’m a realtor in NE FL, and it’s very simple to set customers up to receive automatic daily updates of new listings from MLS. Our MLS allows us to specify any criteria a customer wants–price range, location, who holds title (to receive just REO properties), etc. Once a customer is set into the system, MLS automatically generates an email and link to all new listings that meet criteria within the last 24 hours. So, it is the most current information a non-realtor can receive.

While I agree expired listings can be a good source, what I find in our area is that if a listing is expiring the seller generally knows what their next step is going to be. Either they are going to relist with their agent, or they already know who they are switching to, or they are going to try to sell it on their own.

Good luck!