We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 03, 2023, 04:12:46 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 03, 2023, 04:12:46 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: Townhomes, duplexes, condos?  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Immy

Townhomes, duplexes, condos?
« on: July 29, 2005, 01:33:50 pm »
Are SFH the main target or are these just as lucrative?
Lots of them in my area where SFH are beyond the  $ reach of most middle-income individuals.

Also, what about HOA's.  Do they present any big problems when doing Rehabs?  A lot of the books I've read don't mention HOAs at all.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 01:35:39 pm by immykidsmommy »

Offline housebroken

Re:Townhomes, duplexes, condos?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 11:07:26 pm »
mom,

In some parts of the country these properties are hot, hotter, hottest.  What is your market telling you?  You'll be writing into your offer the right to review HOA bylaws right?  Most good purchase agreements have the language already in them.  Most bylaws shouldn't present a major challenge for simple rehab.  If you're altering  or changing from the original structure you may need to grab a salt shaker and put on your selling shoes.  I had a bro in NY buying in a co-op.  Got to keep everyone happy.  Are you buying in any historic areas?  I have a property manager handle ALL duplex and multi unit properties.  I give up 10% of rents if payments are on time 5% if they aren't.  In my world duplexes are very good for cash flow.

-housebroken

Offline fnshomes

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 08:20:43 pm »
Townhouses are the way to go here in South Florida

Offline niravmd

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 03:18:08 am »
in a market cycle, condos/townhomes appreciate the last, but they're runnup is pretty steep percentage-wise[in coastal areas].
on the flip-side in the downturn, they go down the first, the most and stay down the longest.
Make your investments work hard so you don't have to!
http://snipurl.com/topbooks

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines