Locations to buy and rent a house...

Hi guys,

I’m looking for somewhere to buy and rent through a property management company. Any places in the Northwest you guy think property value would go up over 10, 20 years?

I’m personally looking at Canton and Dundalk in Baltimore. Any input would be helpful as I am a first time home buyer and investor. Thank you.

I am personally a fan of investing in your own City, at least to start out with.

It can give you a lot of important hands on lessons that you can’t get by investing out of state, like property management, how to manage a rehab, etc.

I would research towns (90 min drive) outside the major hubs like seattle / portland and see if there’s any up and coming areas

I think that as a beginning investor you can consider also passive investment strategies. Personally I invest with crowdfunding platform realtybundles. I have a diversified portfolio there. Last year I invested in Budapest properties there. It was quite risky because it is Eastern Europe and this market is not very developed. But the share value has increased since then and it generated a good income. It is quite pleasant as I don’t have much time to manage my investment directly but this company does it almost instead of me. And one more thing is that it doesn’t require to invest much money. Just 1000 euros. Compared to other investment strategies it is not much. So if you are interested, you can check their site. Maybe it would be useful!