MMA

Has anyone used the Money Merge Account strategy to pay their house and rental properties off?

I have used the technique to pay off my personal residence. I was presented the actual method by a Money Merge Account rep but did NOT pay for the software. I created my own spreadsheet and managed the process myself. I was 10 years into a 30 year mortgage when I started/learned about the MMA. 10 years later I am mortgage free on my personal residence and could not be happier/more thrilled. It could have been done in 8 years but a costly engine replacement and somewhat costly tenant eviction cut into my payoff time.

I urge everyone to use the system but I know it is not for everyone. It requires a lot of discipline to follow through. But the process does work. My wife has been a stay at home mom the whole time and I earn a only more than above average salary, combined with positive cash flow from 2 rentals. We still prioritized investing in Roths, etc…and did not change our life-style much.

I did not worry about paying down the rental mortgages since I have substantial equity in them as it is. Now that the mortgage is paid off we have started taking chunks of money from our HELOC that would have gone towards the mortgage and are investing that as well while still applying the MMA methods to paying the HELOC down.