finding properties

I feel like identifying properties through the traditional real estate websites is a dead end. Either the good properties don’t make it there…the amount of commission eats at the chance of negotiating…or whatever the case may be. Where can i find the properties I want? I am looking for decent properties that may just need paint/carpet to turn around and rent.

Do hard money lenders have inventory lists? if so…how can i access them?

Are wholesalers a source for me? and how do i get their inventories?

Johnooch,

Making in the RE business is not that easy. You do have to work to find the good deals before other people do and the way to do this is by a number of different marketing methods. Get a copy of my free foreclosure report for a whole bunch of different ways that are successful. The link in the sig below will take you to may blog where the request form is.

Good luck,
donrock

Hi Don, I tried that link. It was a dead end site.

John,

Not only do you have to look on the MLS you have to market to specific groups of people. Foreclosures, Divorced, Absentee Owners, Probates,etc… There are various ways to get the lists of the above groups but a good way to learn the ropes is to go to your public records and figure out how to find them first. After that you can mail these people with a postcard, letter or whatever and get them to call you. It’s slow going at first but if you are persistent and consistent you will see results.

Hope that helps

Yes, that helps. That is the kind of information I am looking for. Trying to see how many “ready made” lists there are versus actually seeking out the individual houses. I feel I will be better equipped to seek those houses when I am no longer working my current job full time. That is the goal anyway.

I wouldn’t recommend that you hold off efforts until you quit your job. You should make sure you are still doing deals while you are still working at your full time job. Especially in this economy I don’t think it would be too good to quit.

Oh…quitting isn’t an option right now. All i meant is i don’t have the time to do some of the individual targeting that was mentioned.

Hello to everyone,
mention above states that you have to market yourself with postcards, what should the postcards say?

Thanks Punkin.