Your Going to Screw Me.

My latest caller acted like I was put on this planet specifically to screw him.
He was secretive, wudnt tell me his name and was asking the questions, like how does this all cash offer work? He had the attitude and tone of voice that made me feel defensive right away.
I tell him, I will look over your house and give you a price.
With some friendly replies he softened up a little and told me he has a rental, renter is moving soon.
He asked if he had to pay realtor fees? I told him I usually dont deal with realtors but if you want one you can pay their fees.
I told him I will need a discount to account for the repair costs. He says the house don’t need repairs.

Then he tells me he will talk it over with his wife and get back to me.

Do you think the chances of doing a deal with this guy is none or zero?

Those are always fun. I usually say look I don’t have to buy your house. I’m trying to help you out. Then I ask for there email and send a low ball offer. I figured I want screw myself out of the. 001 chance they except lol. Landlords can be a different bunch but let me know if you overcome that obstacle because I will definitely want to know your secret.

Most people who call us are suspicious. However, they called us anyway. It’s very useful to get them talking about their house/situation, etc.

Meantime, we treat incoming calls as information-gathering and appointment-making opportunities, not a time to make verbal offers.

We sift for suspects who’ll agree to meet us at the house with all the decision makers. Not everyone agrees to that. Those that won’t are also the ones that get to keep their hell holes. They’re also the ones that will use a higher authority gambit on us (translated as, “When donkeys fly, will I accept that offer.”) before they can say “yes.”

Of course, if the seller is too far away to meet, then written offers are the next best step. Written offers carry more weight than verbal offers.

Notwithstanding, making offers in person allows us to set the ground rules for the negotiations, and pull the rug out from under a seller that isn’t serious, or is planning to shop the offer. Screw that.

As an aside, if the seller isn’t trying to sell us, what’s he there for?

Sellers sell. Buyers buy.

We don’t confuse the two by assuming the seller’s position and arm-twisting a deal out of him. And that brings us back to dealing only with motivated sellers, and letting the option-weighing chuckle-heads go like bad milk.

That’s my take.

Sellers sell and buyers buy. So simple and yet so profound. I’m gona carve that into something to remind me to simplify.

LOL :smiley:

“sellers sell and buyers buy” its like Buda kissed your forehead when you wrote that lol. It’s exactly right though and when a seller isn’t trying to sell it makes it hard to buy.

This is VERY normal. This is often the case when YOU look for sellers.
So let me first answer your question.
The chance he will sell to you now is pretty much 0. But usually, wait 6 months to 1 year. They WILL call you back with a very different attitude asking you to please buy their house. That is our experience 70% of the time.

Now…

Why not step it up.
We get our leads for free, we do not try to find people. They find us! Actually about 8 people a day write us to please come and buy their house. How?
Get a website, focus on SEO, focus on conversion.

Take a look behind the scenes of our site.
This is what a 2 day traffic looks like for us:

https://cdn.oncarrot.com/uploads/sites/10050/2018/04/2018-04-10-08_20_51-2-day-Traffic.png-‎-Photos.png

All while I sleep, eat, work on my garden. No money, no mailing, no convincing people over the phone we are legit, no angry people asking me where I got their address from, no DRAMA!
It is beyond me how anyone thinks they can compete with me doing direct mail.

Dlee, we all know your right, We know most people go to the internet to buy and sell, everything.
But were old school, and don’t know how to put it in gear.
Give us the rundown.

Rando

Amen, I think I’m going to create a funnel at some point. Add in my web address to my mailers for the tech savvy. Now back to writing up my contact so I can send it snail mail to my old seller.

So true. People call us and we are a cash buyer. They always need work but the sellers want the same price as their neighbors home that sold for top dollar. Not realizing that the neighbor had upgrades throughout their house.