Direct mail question

Greetings,

I want to get some opinions on my direct mail campaign. How often should I mail to my free and clear list? I just sent out the first flyer to 4,500 people and the calls are already coming in. I’ve read every 2.5 months is a good strategy.

These people aren’t as motivated as people in foreclosure so I don’t want to over do it. I’ve already gotten one angry phone call. :evil

What do you think is a good timeline for this type of campaign? Thanks.

CT Investor

monthly

you will sound like an dog barking for food when you do this weekly, like the suggested above I also recommend monthly mailings, this is to avoid being spammy…

From my experience, you’d do ok mailing once every 3 months. Mailing 4500 every month could be costly if your sellers aren’t motivated… which, for the most part, they aren’t (free & clear). Don’t fall for the BS that you’ll close X numbers of deals every month to pay for your marketing right away - when starting out you need to watch those dollars closely.

Those prospects that are considering selling will hold on to your marketing piece and call later… And you should work those leads who are calling now. Build rapport. Make your offers. Follow up.

I’ve had sellers hold on to mail pieces for nearly two years then finally call.

I think monthly. It’s optimum period of time. You will not look like a spammer. Don’t worry about angry calls, there are lots of angry people living in out world and it’s impossible to avoid facing them.

I agree. You are going to have to deal with rejection and angry people. In fact, my philosophy is that unless somebody is getting angry every time I send out a mailer, I am doing something wrong. And I do things VERY professionally. People need a reason to vent and it is typically not personal when they yell at you. Remember that you are offering a service to help them. If they don’t like it, then they should throw out the postcard.

When you go buy a soda at 7-11 or Am-PM how many choices do you have to choose from?

Thanks for all of the advice. I don’t think it would be wise to mail to this list more than every two months. Like I said they are not SUPER motivated and I don’t want to waste my money. I’m not worried about angry calls and rejection. That’s not an issue. I just think that I can spend that money in better places and spread this particular campaign out a bit.

I’m currently putting together my next piece for this list. Not sure if I want to try the hand written envelope approach. My current envelope looks very generic but with 4,500 pieces it would take me a year to get that together. Any tips on my next mailing?

In what order do you folks hit a list? Flyer, Letter, Postcard, Phone call, Etc.???