What are the best ways to find cash buyers?

Hey guys compiling a list of all the best ways to get cash buyers.

1 Craigslist - My #1 source. But building a list but its pretty slow
2. CashBuyerKListings.com -
Seems pretty well built even has a GUI and map to see where all the cash deals are located. And you can see cash buyers nationwide. Even better all of them are verified. Price is pretty cheap per month at $30
3. Cashbuyerslists.com -
Seems like they offer an excel database file but nothing too extensive
4. Wholesaledealmatcher -
Again these guys only sell a list but nothing too extensive.
5. MyHouseDeals - Lots of cash buyers on there but none are really verified.
6. findcashbuyersnow - They are pretty expensive but do provide a solid list

So far CashBuyerListings.com seems the best spot to get cash buyer for the price. Ive tried them out and its amazing. Does any one else have any other sources they can provide.

Social media sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Connected Investors, and Bigger Pockets are also a great option to find cash buyers. You could interact with them either individually or joining through their groups. These sites can help you find investor that are real estate and market specific. :biggrin :cool

I like to pull cash sales on MLS and lookup mailing info in county records or skip trace them. Gotta weed out the home owners that you get though.

Mike

Your wasting your time with Bigger Pockets. That place has been poisoned by dirty realtors.

Advertise your deals at the local REI, network with other wholesalers who can help you, network with realtors who often have cash buyers. Look online county appraiser database for the buyers in the area and look them up online.

Facebook is hot rite now. Doing some small advertising on there is bringing in great results. Craigslist works but you have to post everyday.

How do you filter the tire kickers? I’m guessing you are posting to REI sites?

I’ve had my best luck finding buyers through networking at local meetings. Building relationships with people who you KNOW are doing deals and always looking for more.

Secondly, learn how to run Facebook ads. You can target agents and investors… agents can bring other investors and you tell them to get their commission from the other investor.

You can easily reach thousands of potential buyers while still being off-market.

I stumbled on this crazy insane way to find buyers. First I find some fixers needing tons of repairs, possibly a burnt out landlord or homeowner that needs to sell for a fast cash payout.
Now that’s the tricky part, and the hardest. What I do and have done, is buy lists of absentee homeowners from listgiant or listsource or others, I get zip codes of older houses… It’s gona take some money to send out hundreds of post cards and or letters.
It’s scary spending hundreds of dollars, but, if you have learned to be friendly and a good listener and you have some experience recognizing a deal, you got a good shot at making some green.
Before I had marketing money I wud and still do recruit bird dogs, however, that’s an exercise in frustration and futility. But occasionally it pays off.
My favorite method is when a deal just falls in my lap from another investor that needs help selling. Often times I cant sell it and will run some creative ads on Craig’s List. This brings in an eventual buyer and from the calls more buyers to add to your ammo pouch.
And don’t forget Bandit signs and door knob hangers, they work. I have buyer/investors calling on my signs looking for deals.
Let’s make some Money…

Rando

Go to listsource and find all properties that are free and clear with a purchase date of last 6 months those are all the buyers :slight_smile:

I agree with using the MLS to find people who have actually bought. Most “buyers” are full of it and are tire kickers. Find the guys who are actually closing deals, skip trace them and call them. Keep your message short and sweet. Everything else is a waste of time in my opinion.

I would have to say that networking can pay the biggest dividends if you can sort through the serious players and the tire kickers.

This^^^ While networking will likely bring you higher dividends like someone else mentioned, this has proven to be the quickest way to build a solid list, and it’s tailored to your area. There is an option to choose absentee owner, if you filter that with houses bought in the past 6 months you’ll get a solid list.

We have a separate website tailored toward finding cash buyers/investors looking for properties.

Outstanding information. Definitely somethings here that I did not think about.

Anyone use the method that Tom Krol talks about? That is… getting real estate agents who work with cash buyers on your list. Tom talks about this being the most profitable. Effectively increasing assignment fees by something like 50%. He says it just takes a little time to get agents on board with your system and understanding what it is you are doing (don’t ever call it “wholesaling”)

Currently I’m working on getting a such a list:

First, I pulled a list of the cash transactions on the MLS (i’m licensed so i have access). Filtered out and discarded all the owner occupants. Leaving with me just the absentee / non owner occupant buyers. i.e. your cash buyers.

Next, I’ve been going through and pulling the names and contact info (cell phone and email) of those agents.

I’m going to be calling them one by one to get permission to send them deals. Then text blast them…

We do this, didn’t know Tom Krol does it but I shouldn’t be surprised as he does a bunch of stuff.
Other things we do,

1. One of the best we find is to post any real deal you have anywhere you can sites like craigslist (this is obvious but true buyers that are ready to buy now don’t mess around)
  2. Every property we buy gets a we buy houses sign.
  3. Bandit signs (we don’t do them but they work)
  4. Facebook ads work great, target people that visit real estate sites (way to much to explain here but look into it)
  5. Lists of cash buyers and or your existing list that you market too, keep the multiple property owners (don’t dedupe) those people want more properties often so if they aren’t selling they could be buying
  6. list of buyers that paid cash in last year. – Mail them or even call if you can get their number (could facebook them as well through a retarget list
  7. Buy a discounted property and list it with an agent. Keep all the buyers info (or at least the agents - similar to the above quoted comment) that didn’t have the highest offer.
  8. Tons of other ways. Buyers are somewhat easy to find and I’m not sure I’d worry about tire kickers, just keep adding to your list. Tire kickers will wash out when they never buy.