We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2021, 08:47:26 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2021, 08:47:26 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: How do I know which area I should be wholesaling in?  (Read 18359 times)

Offline Mdhaas

• Global Moderator
Re: How do I know which area I should be wholesaling in?
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2016, 12:36:11 pm »
Redstar....just go out and do it! Quit analyzing!  You have had an overwhelming amount of outstanding direction given to your free on this forum.  Make it happen!   :beer
If at first you don't succeed.....................skydiving is not for you

Offline Redstar1324

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2016, 09:45:07 pm »
Redstar....just go out and do it! Quit analyzing!  You have had an overwhelming amount of outstanding direction given to your free on this forum.  Make it happen!   :beer

You mean go out an hang bandit signs? They're in the mail. I am trying to schedule appointments to see 10 different houses tomorrow, but my realtor didn't get back to me like he said he would.

Offline Gold River

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2016, 12:42:29 am »
Hi,

Why would you go see 10 different houses with a realtor tomorrow? Are you surprised a realtor did not get back with you?

As a real estate investor go drive by these houses, peak in the windows of empty property and view from the street occupied properties!

Then if you think you like something write an offer and put a "inspection contingency within 3 days of acceptance of this contract to see interior of property!"

I very rarely use my realtor to show me houses and if I think I like one then I either schedule to see the interior of that one only or I go to look in the vacant houses windows and judged the condition and rehab costs by what I saw in relation to after rehab FMV and sellers asking price!

GR                       

Offline Randoskie

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2016, 01:26:08 am »
It's time that Javipa take over the frustrating job of helping Redstar. It's time he learns that no matter how many times he answers the endless redundant questions they will never end. I am already making a place for Javipa in my cave in Nothern Idaho were he will need intensive mental rehab and regrouping. Cuz once Javipa learns that mere words and answers and help he gives to Redstar the action will be nil, & more excuses or any action taken will be all wrong and against every advice he gives.
If Javipa believes that there is hope for Mr. Redstar, I got a bridge I'll sell him, it's in Frisco, I'm selling it cheap cuz it had some earthquake damage but was repaired.
Seriously, Redstar, why u screwing around with Realtors, can you qualify for a loan? You have a 20% Down Payment? For Christ sake, find distressed junky houses, that are NOT on the MLS, locate owners, negotiate lowest price, get it on contract, add 5-15K call buyers or advertise on CL, assign contract, get paid and do it again, then again.
I sent you the book, it has the contracts and detailed step by step info. Pay my ticket to Florida plus 5K and I'll stick ur nose into some deals that will pay a lot more than the buks you gave me.
Oh yea, you cant do that, your still waiting on your bandit signs to arrive.
I'll be in my cave.
Rando

Offline Redstar1324

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2016, 10:20:14 am »
It's time that Javipa take over the frustrating job of helping Redstar. It's time he learns that no matter how many times he answers the endless redundant questions they will never end. I am already making a place for Javipa in my cave in Nothern Idaho were he will need intensive mental rehab and regrouping. Cuz once Javipa learns that mere words and answers and help he gives to Redstar the action will be nil, & more excuses or any action taken will be all wrong and against every advice he gives.
If Javipa believes that there is hope for Mr. Redstar, I got a bridge I'll sell him, it's in Frisco, I'm selling it cheap cuz it had some earthquake damage but was repaired.
Seriously, Redstar, why u screwing around with Realtors, can you qualify for a loan? You have a 20% Down Payment? For Christ sake, find distressed junky houses, that are NOT on the MLS, locate owners, negotiate lowest price, get it on contract, add 5-15K call buyers or advertise on CL, assign contract, get paid and do it again, then again.
I sent you the book, it has the contracts and detailed step by step info. Pay my ticket to Florida plus 5K and I'll stick ur nose into some deals that will pay a lot more than the buks you gave me.
I'll be in my cave.
Rando

Because I'd rather rehab than wholesale for now. I think I can make more. I bought car magnets for my truck. Yes, I do have a down payment for a hard money loan on a rehab. I'm still waiting on bandit signs.

What else? Get back on Craigslist? Hire more bird dogs?

I believe I can rehab a house in two weeks.

Last week, I didn't even know how to replace cabinets. Now, I know they come in wall units, base units, etc. Maybe you're just not paying attention.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 11:22:35 am by Redstar1324 »

Offline Redstar1324

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2016, 10:24:04 am »
Hi,

Why would you go see 10 different houses with a realtor tomorrow? Are you surprised a realtor did not get back with you?

As a real estate investor go drive by these houses, peak in the windows of empty property and view from the street occupied properties!

Then if you think you like something write an offer and put a "inspection contingency within 3 days of acceptance of this contract to see interior of property!"

I very rarely use my realtor to show me houses and if I think I like one then I either schedule to see the interior of that one only or I go to look in the vacant houses windows and judged the condition and rehab costs by what I saw in relation to after rehab FMV and sellers asking price!

GR                       

Because I can't see every room through the windows?

I'm not about to enter somebodies backyard in a bad neighborhood and shine a flashlight through the window. Maybe in the near future, but not now.

That inspection contingency is a good idea.

Offline javipa

• Profitable Investing Strategies
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2016, 02:13:24 pm »

It's time that Javipa take over the frustrating job of helping Redstar. It's time he learns that no matter how many times he answers the endless redundant questions they will never end. I am already making a place for Javipa in my cave in Northern Idaho were he will need intensive mental rehab and regrouping. Cuz once Javipa learns that mere words and answers and help he gives to Redstar the action will be nil, & more excuses or any action taken will be all wrong and against every advice he gives.

I'll be in my cave.

Rando

Ha!!  ' intensive mental rehab and regrouping'  I'm beyond that kind of help. 

I have my eyes open.  I realize that the likelihood of Redstar pulling the trigger is the same as Obama giving up on Islam, but Redstar's questions keeps my typing skills sharp. :beer
"149 Ways (Plus One) To Find Motivated Sellers..!"  -Free Report-
>>> Click: http://sub2marketdomination.com/how-to-find-motivated-sellers-2/

Offline Redstar1324

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2016, 08:58:23 pm »
I just sold my Lexus so that I have money to put on a hard money loan to rehab a house.

I also bought car magnets for my truck that say "We Buy Houses," and have bandit signs coming in the mail.

I think only an idiot would do something that he didn't fully understand or wasn't prepared for.

There is no action I can take. Hang up bandit signs? Well, they're in the mail.

I have an appointment with a realtor to see 10 houses, and I'm not going to rely on just peeking in the windows to see what repairs need to be done. What would it look like if I went up to a random house and climbed on the roof? Is that even legal? How do I know if it even has a water heater if I can't see it through the window?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 09:08:19 pm by Redstar1324 »

Offline Luke9686

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2016, 10:13:59 pm »
You've done all you can?

Have you drove around looking for vacants, then contacting the owners?  Have you went to the courthouse and searched through the new probate files (I used to do this with moderate success), have you attended any REIA meetings?  Found a mentor?  Contacted FSBO's?  Had your realtor send you expired listings, then contact them?  Read any books on marketing, wholesaling, rehabbing?  Ran Craigslist ads looking for bird dogs?  Ran "We Buy Houses" Craigslist ads?  Printed up fliers and out them on bulletin boards?

Dont respond by asking details about any of these, or that they're a waste of time.  If you haven't done these things then you haven't done all you can do until your signs arrive...

Offline Redstar1324

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2016, 11:22:29 am »
What's the best way to find FSBO's?

Offline Randoskie

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2016, 12:32:35 pm »
Bird dogs, Bandit signs, Direct mail, driving mid and lower income neighborhoods, handing out brochures at job fairs, handing out brochures at the Walmart parking lot, putting fliers on cars at the shopping centers, walking neighborhoods and putting up door knob hangers, advertising on Craig's List and social media, handing out business cards to everybody you see, calling for rent ads,
stopping at yard sales and asking do you know someone selling their house, using Radio and TV and Billboards, Checking tax, delinquents, code violations, divorces, bankruptcies, evictions, ect ect and on and on.
But why do I bother, you wont be doing any of these.
I'll be in my cave sharpening my spear for my next moose hunt.
Rando

Offline Redstar1324

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2016, 10:39:39 pm »
Bird dogs, Bandit signs, Direct mail, driving mid and lower income neighborhoods, handing out brochures at job fairs, handing out brochures at the Walmart parking lot, putting fliers on cars at the shopping centers, walking neighborhoods and putting up door knob hangers, advertising on Craig's List and social media, handing out business cards to everybody you see, calling for rent ads,
stopping at yard sales and asking do you know someone selling their house, using Radio and TV and Billboards, Checking tax, delinquents, code violations, divorces, bankruptcies, evictions, ect ect and on and on.
Rando

Yea cause I'm gonna spend my life in the WalMart parking lot wasting money on business cards to hand out.

Why did you fail when you tried to rehab?

Offline javipa

• Profitable Investing Strategies
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2016, 10:53:56 pm »

Rando

Yea cause I'm gonna spend my life in the WalMart parking lot wasting money on business cards to hand out.

Why did you fail when you tried to rehab?

Maybe you already answered this, but what training have you purchased?  I ask, because the questions you ask would be answered in 95% of the wholesaling, or rehabbing courses available here on the reiclub.com.

Not to mention receiving accessing a more organized approach to learning about this business, than asking 5,003 miscellaneous, repetitive questions on this forum. 
"149 Ways (Plus One) To Find Motivated Sellers..!"  -Free Report-
>>> Click: http://sub2marketdomination.com/how-to-find-motivated-sellers-2/

Offline Randoskie

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2016, 02:27:27 am »
Me an my buddy got an incredible deal on a duplex from a Realtor for 22K Somebody had torn the roof off and then it rained, so we had to put a roof on it first and then gut the place. It was in a bad area, had a flat roof, my buddy and I did everything cept the hot tar mop roofing.
Everything was great, got good tenants. But then that damn flat roof started leaking,, renters wudnt pay and kept moving out and we kept patching the roof, this went on for awhile, finally I gave it to my buddy and walked away. And was happy to get out from under it without costing me money, just 3 months of my life doing the rehab.
It seems like it has been a year since you first started asking all ur questions, when will you take action?

Offline Redstar1324

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2016, 08:33:51 am »
That's not a fix and flip. That's a fix and rent.

I already have taken lots of action.

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines