We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2021, 12:46:01 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2021, 12:46:01 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: How do I know which area I should be wholesaling in?  (Read 17720 times)

Offline Luke9686

Re: How do I know which area I should be wholesaling in?
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2016, 08:43:29 am »
I've finally figured it out.  Redstar is a troll.  Don't feed him anymore.

Offline Redstar1324

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2016, 08:54:33 am »

I should be like you and make $200/month doing sub2 --> owner finance. That's not even worth the time.

Offline javipa

• Profitable Investing Strategies
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2016, 09:34:39 am »

I should be like you and make $200/month doing sub2 --> owner finance. That's not even worth the time.

That's pretty cocky for someone whose done zero deals.
"149 Ways (Plus One) To Find Motivated Sellers..!"  -Free Report-
>>> Click: http://sub2marketdomination.com/how-to-find-motivated-sellers-2/

Offline Luke9686

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2016, 10:15:13 am »

What about the $10-20K I typically get as a down payment?  What about the $20-40K as back end profit on each deal?

Come back when you make a dime...

Offline Redstar1324

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2016, 07:21:08 pm »
Oh yea the down payment. I forgot about that. That actually sounds fun, now.

https://goo.gl/images/SoKFQ0

Offline Mdhaas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2016, 08:29:52 pm »
Oh yea the down payment. I forgot about that.

Redstar1234, I am beginning to wonder if you are taking any of the information that has been provided to you into consideration.  You need to take the information that has been freely provided to you by the experts and do something with it.

Do you actually think that you have earned the right to critique others? 

Make something happen. Quit looking for ways to circumvent the system.  Get in there, get dirty, bloody, put what you have been provided by the experts, into action.

I saw a post from you earlier about how it is cheaper for you to make your signs than to buy them. You have spent so much time in the analysis stage that you apparently want to find reasons NOT to act. 

While the materials for signs may be less expensive have you taken into account the value of your personal time spent putting them together?     Wouldn't your time be better spent out there looking for deals?

C'mon Redstar...sh#t or get off the pot. 

« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 08:32:40 pm by Mdhaas »
If at first you don't succeed.....................skydiving is not for you

Offline Redstar1324

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2016, 08:40:41 pm »
I'm seeing 10 houses with a realtor on Wednesday. I'm even bringing a 24 foot extension ladder so I can get on the roof. I plan to do most, or all, of the rehab myself. That is getting dirty. I will hire "handymen" to do everything instead of contractors. The only thing I might consider hiring a contractor for is advanced electrical because I don't think I could supervise that to make sure it's done safely and I don't want anyone's life on my hands if their new circuit panel burns their house down. But honestly, within 6 months, I will probably be able to install new circuit panels myself.

I think that is a much better course of action than handing out business cards at Wal-Mart.

A lot of this is just figuring out what my options are. A month ago, I didn't even know what sub2 meant. Last week, I didn't even know cabinets were made out of base units and wall units, etc.

Wholesaling doesn't make sense to me as a primary method. Maybe I could do it on the side, but I think I can rehab a house in two weeks and make all that profit. If I get any calls for houses that don't need rehab, I can take them over and owner finance them and collect that down payment.

As far as renting single-family homes, I don't want to just not do it and call myself a quitter, but $300/month isn't worth all the trouble of fixing toilets and going to the courthouse. Apartment investing? That might be worth considering, as well as hotels. But that's for the future, not now.

Plus, the fact that I just now for the first time in my life have over $20,000 in the bank and thus have money to do these things. $8.00/piece bandit signs cost a lot of money. $800 for a box of 100.

And I'm sure you will tell me that I'll make it back on the first house. That's great, but I didn't get any calls last time. I just got my signs taken down by some douchebag. Hopefully douchebags don't have stepladders or I will be wasting money once again.

Offline Luke9686

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2016, 08:59:39 pm »
Where did you buy the bandit signs from?  Banditsigns.com has them for $1.89 a piece in quantities of 100 or more.

Offline Redstar1324

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2016, 10:08:56 pm »
Where did you buy the bandit signs from?  Banditsigns.com has them for $1.89 a piece in quantities of 100 or more.

No they don't. They have them for $1.99 at a quantity of 200.

Offline Redstar1324

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2016, 07:08:02 am »
But those aren't the custom ones that I wanted. I think my design would work better.

Offline Luke9686

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2016, 08:18:48 am »
These have worked quite well for me but oh well.  Bought two houses so far this month with them...

Offline Mdhaas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2016, 11:30:06 am »
But those aren't the custom ones that I wanted. I think my design would work better.

So instead of using the cost effective, tried and true versions of signage....you know better and are going to create a better more costly version?

:rolleyes
If at first you don't succeed.....................skydiving is not for you

Offline Redstar1324

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2016, 12:17:11 pm »
Yea it's the same logo I have on my truck magnets.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ia3uunvtl3vouhb/sign.png?dl=0

Pretty sweet, huh?

Offline Randoskie

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2016, 04:26:38 pm »
Are you frustrated yet? Has this know it all newbie got you going? Can you imagine rehabbing a house in 2 weeks, of course it's possible with a 20 man crew working extended hours, just last month he didn't know the dif between base cabinets and upper cabinets but now he can remodel a house in 2 weeks. He has an imagination, got to give him that.
I've tried offering advice, sent him books, answered his questions till the cows came home, but he's too good to hand out business cards or brochures.
He's paying $800 for 100 bandit signs? What planet is this sign company on? I get multi colored signs pre printed ones for $900 for 500 of them and that included delivery. Of course I use dirtcheapsigns and they are located on Earth.
Oh well, anybody want to join me in my moose hunt? I got an extra spear.

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines