Shoot me already and put me out of my misery!

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

:guns :guns :guns

Was this directed at me in any way shape or form?

If so, I’m honored a person that makes $500,000,000/year would even talk to me.

Although I’m beginning to realize that money isn’t everything because I told a girl that works at Hooters that I’m about to buy a Lamborghini and she didn’t care at all.

What happened to Red star? Havnt heard from him in over a week, Did he get drunk at Hooters and cant find his way home?
The girl wasn’t impressed that he was going to buy a Lambo, well, I’m about to buy a G5 20 passenger Business jet. Who wud believe that?
I wonder if Redstar’s elevator goes to the top floor? I know the lights are on but is anybody home? Or is he a brick shy of a full load?
Did he give up already?

Hi,

I think old Redstar has become so successful he is now trying to buy the entire United States inventory of real estate! Lol

Actually I think he’s cheating on us over at BP, they want a chance to answer a few million questions!

I told a girl I was going to buy a 1977 Gremlin and we could cruise it up and down the road! She was excited and said she looked forward to it!

I am pretty sure there is no elevator!

GR

I now have bandit signs all over town… At major intersections, near Wal Mart, Home Depot…

No calls…

Not a single one, granted it’s only been a few days…

Posted 50 ads on Craigslist… Nothing… I suppose you’re going to tell me that things would turn around if I posted 50 more…

And when I put all my signs all over town with no calls… I suppose I should buy MORE signs…

I made a bunch of ridiculously low offers on MLS properties and my realtor doesn’t even return my emails anymore…

I have run into wholesalers who had a full time staff, so I know it can be done… And Gold River was able to find one in about 5 minutes on the MLS…

If I could locate the inventory, I would buy it… But I can’t find a single one as of yet…

Patience and persistence. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

So when I get no responses from these signs, I’m supposed to spend money on more?

Have you ever wholesaled? How did you do?

So when I get no responses from these signs, I'm supposed to spend money on more?

In advertising, you spend what is necessary to spend. Walmart spends billions on advertising. I don’t know of many successful businesses that ran one ad campaign and stopped. Hence, marketing is never ending.

If I would get even ONE RESPONSE that would be different, but I’m getting zero…

Did you ever wholesale?

Yes, Redstar I have wholesaled. As Randoskie and Gold River have been telling you, it takes TIME and EFFORT.

We all started out just like you.

In all seriousness, there are a lot people wholesaling right now, in markets throughout the U.S… If you are looking to get started, you need to understand that while the idea of wholesaling can be exciting, it’s really hard work, and the work never stops. You will send out flyers, hang up signs, run ads, etc. etc. Then guess what you do next? Here’s a hint… You will send out flyers, hang up signs, run ads, etc. etc.

Why can Gold River spot a potential deal quickly? The experienced pros can see a potential diamond before those with less experience will. Why do you think the wholesaler that you met has a full time staff? He is realizes that continue/increase his success he must continue to be aggressive.

Guess what most of those people that he hired do… They send out flyers, hang up signs, run ads, etc. etc.

It is much like playing the lottery, the more you play the better your odds. (Although wholesaling odds are much better than the lottery)

For every success story there are multiple failures. It is truly a numbers game.

Keep plugging along and stay committed!

Well maybe I should hire people to do the advertising because I don’t have time for that…

I’ll give them a cut if I get a deal from their sign…

I pay a few girls to put up my bandit signs for $2 each. I was pissed off cuz I seen one 3’ high and she said her kid did that one, I also seen a few upside down cuz not enuf nails and I got a call from a guy that said he seen my sign on the sidewalk.
However I did get a call from those signs and made 8 Grand.
But I shud put up these signs myself, 90% of the time I’m not doing anything, I can choose the good locations, I can use extra nails and put them up at 9’ High. Paying somebody to do them, is sketchy, they want to get them done fast, they don’t care about anything cept getting paid.
But hell, it’s 104 degrees outside, I’d rather be floating on the air mattress sipping ice tea with the phone nearby in case the cash call comes in from a distressed seller with a house needing a ton of repairs. I’m drooling already.

Yep, Mdhaas is right, do marketing, then do it again and again, when your done marketing your out of business.
I like doing direct mail, I give my sister 10% of profit for doing all my post cards, that has freed up a lot of my time. I recruit bird dogs, they bring the deals to me for $2,000, that has freed up a lot of my time. Now I take a few calls, do a little negotiating, send out and receive contracts and cash some big ass checks. But hell, too much free time is not good, how many reruns of Judge Judy can I watch? How many hours can I ride my Harley, How many hours can I fly my plane, go swimming or go shooting and camping & read my RE books, wait a minute, I got plenty of things to do.
Let’s make some Money…
Rando

My bird dogs brought me addresses of vacant houses that would require me to mail the owner…

Red,

Keep at it. Don’t give up. When are you putting these signs out? Have you been able to verify how long they stay up? In certain areas they get taken down regardless of the time you put them up. In my area there are groups that don’t like them so they go around pulling them even on weekends.

Put them in areas you normally wouldn’t. In my area, nobody puts bandit signs in the average to above average neighborhoods, so I’ve done that and gotten tons of calls. I also went to a smaller (10,000) town about 30 miles away and put signs. Got so many calls I couldn’t handle them all. Ended up doing a couple deals out of just 50 signs. I decided it wasn’t worth it to drive all that way when there are deals to be had right where I’m at.

Now that I think of it, I might target that area again just qualify the buyers before actually doing anything. I know a guy who doesn’t even leave his house unless he has a signed contract, he has TOO MANY deals. Some people’s problems, eh?

I know the stress, you see outgoing expenditures to an already draining bank account. That feeling always sucks, but it sucks less when there’s $20K in your account rather than $1500.

Can you define “tons of calls?”

I would be grateful for one…

REDSTAR, COPY this and put it on EVERY Wall in EVERY room of your house and office,yep even the bathroom

[b]Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Calvin Coolidge [/b]

I’m starting to realize you’re just a troll that feeds on information. Feeding you anymore will not cure your problem. The only way for Redstar to make this work is to take this information and act on it. Why is it important that I define “tons of calls?” Its not, your just stalling. The last time I targeted the area I talked about I received about 20 calls (25 signs out) and did two deals.

You still haven’t answered any of the questions I had in regards to your strategy for putting out bandit signs. Like I said, if you’re just putting out a few here and there you might as well have me kick you in the nuts then give me $100. It will seldom work that way.

I will start with a strategy of putting 25 signs in an area that is one mile by one mile…

We will see how it goes…

Wait …what?! You actually got a lead from a bird-dog, and you’re complaining that following up is to too much work?

Please, you are the biggest unicorn-chaser I’ve ever seen. I won’t even say, “Quit looking for someone to hand you a deal on a silver platter,” because evidently you’ve already quit doing even that.
http://jaypalmquist.com/images/waving-white-flag.gif