Short Sale Strategy

Hello everyone,

I hope you all are doing great! I am seeking a little advice. I recently came in contact with a new client. The house has termite damage that needs to fixed. The interior needs to minor repair work to be rent ready or ready for sale. The client has home that was built in 2000, it has 3 bedrooms and 2 bath and 1,343 Sq.Ft. I performed research and obtained information about the loan balance and payments.

After speaking with the client, it was discovered that the mortgage is three months late. The client bought the home January 2006. There are currently two loans against the property totaling $115K. The first has just increased and is has a balloon. The current retail value is $60K.

I came up with three options to solve the clients problem. Option one was a short sale. Option 2 was a Subject 2.

Based on the information I have provided, can some one provide me with a little insight. I would like to know if I am heading in the right track? Are there any other creative solutions for my client? Should I just tell the client to let the property foreclose?

Looking forward to your comments.

Thanks

I came up with three options to solve the clients problem. Option one was a short sale. Option 2 was a Subject 2.

Well, what is your option 3?

There is no deal for you here. The house is too underwater to make any money. Though somehow I cannot believe that a house built in 2000 with 1,343 sf would sell for only $60k. I would first double check the actual market value. If it is really only $60k, then you can only advise the owner to do a short sale or a foreclosure.