Finding DEALS on the MLS that others are not looking for?

Im in South Florida searching the mls and not having much luck. The market is really depressed. Any ideas for location deals on the MLS that others are not looking for? Thank you

Thomas

Try distressed listings such as listings past 90 days and expired listings these sellers are usually very motivated and make a deal.

Whats the best way to contract them efficiently? Thank you

For expired listings, I have a a 6 piece mailing campaign (from MLS) and use a service that provides me phone numbers to theses expired listings that my sales team calls.

Where can i get the phone numbers for expireds? Thanks

Your best bet is to connect with other wholesalers in your area. More than likely they will have better deals than what the MLS is offering.

You can also hire bird dogs in your area to go and search for vacant properties or you can do this yourself.
Get the addresses of the vacant properties and locate the owners to see if they have an interest in selling.

You can use your local county tax assesors to locate the mailing address of the property that is in question.
Send them a letter stating your interest in purchasing the property.

Hope this helps! To your success! :smile

Depending on your area, houses listed wrong can be opportunities.

I have one in my area right now, listed as a single family 3/2, but it’s really a 2/1 with a 1/1 over the garage requiring leaving the main house through a hall to the garage, then up stairs. Very odd layout and not useful for a family with kids, which is the listings target. It’s also been a rental property for the last decade - their realtor doesn’t know what she’s doing for the listing, so it sits and sits and I wait and wait so that it’ll be a better opportunity to bid low since they’re not getting any bites now, nor will they unless another investor notices it’s laid out best as a rental property since the garage does have it’s own separate entrance, but that’s not mentioned in the listing.

There is another one listed as a single family, but it has the strangest layout, one bathroom of the 2 isn’t working…but it’s on an R-3 lot that’s HUGE, realtor there too doesn’t know how to list it to get someone interested…so I wait and wait and will offer in a couple of months when the owner is weary from the realtor getting nothing for them…I don’t want that house, I want the R-3 lot that’ll hold 10 units and will cost me less than a 3 unit lot a few blocks away that’s for sale at the moment.