Sean Terry or Cameron Dunlap??????

Are you using either course? I am looking to purchase one or the other but would like imput. (I’m a total newbie to investing to real estate)

Good question but a tough one to answer because I think much of the answer revolves around what you are trying to do. What are you preferred strategies to get started? How is your financial situation, credit? Etc.

I’m a stay-at-home mom. No income, bad credit, no money saved, no experience, etc. I first watched Sean Terry’s webinar, liked what I saw, but then I saw Cameron Dunlap’s webinar. Cameron’s course seemed to bring up some points which Sean did not, ie: finding buyers & sellers, etc. (I definately want to wholesale)

First and foremost welcome to the Investing world. Personally when it comes to which course to buy my answer is easy… NONE! If you want to buy something to teach you what you need to know go buy a game of Monopoly. And use the same thoughts towards Real Estate Investing, sure Baltic looks like a crap property at first yet when you put 4 green houses and then one Red hotel on it how much is it worth now?? My Grandfather always told me “Those that do DO! And those that don’t Teach!” Think about it if they were doing so amazing in Investing why would they teach? I went to College for Business and the first question that I asked is “If you are so great at Business why do you teach for 45k a year?” I am not saying that all courses are bad what I am saying is that the business is really not that hard, Sure there are a million things to learn let me just say after 19 years of doing it no 2 deals I have done were ever the same. Sure the General Concept is the same deal after deal after deal yet the Deal itself is totally different. First thing to learn is People Skills! If you don’t have people skills you won’t make it very far I promise! Both Courses are going to tell you to put up Bandit Signs and run ad’s on Craigslist. Well when that doesn’t work out because someone flagged you or cut your sign in half you will get upset and eventually give up. Think long think hard look at the industry as a whole. Then look at the competition and what they are doing. And the answer will be :frowning: the same thing you are! Why? Because they bought the same course! QUESTIONS What are you going to do to stand out?? What are you going to do to get 4-6 months ahead of your Competition?? What are you going to do to make $30,000 a month?? How are you going to put your kids in College??? Then ask yourself what would I do if I had no fear?? Yeah thats where you wanna be for sure. And if you need help with the answers to the questions let us know! Be creative yet mostly be yourself!

First off I appreciate being considered next to Cameron Dunlap, he’s a great educator and mentor.

I would partially agree with “figureditout” and purchase NONE of our programs right now. I would recommend listening to my free podcast in iTunes. Just search “real estate investing” and you’ll find it. There is over 90 hours of free content where I explain every aspect of this business from start to finish. Also you can read my free 129 page blueprint on how to replace your full time income wholesaling houses. You can go to my webiste at Flip2Freedom or search “real estate” in either Amazon or iBooks. It’s the number #1 digital book on both sites. If you believe the free content is worthy than you might consider joining the Flip2Freedom Academy.

I can’t speak for Cameron, but I do flip 10-15 houses a month in the Phoenix market and I make 90% of my income from real estate, not teaching. (there is WAY more money in real estate). I teach because I LOVE to teach and I LOVE real estate. It’s a way to inspire others to escape mediocrity and live an amazing life on their own terms.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Sean

Shout out on that to Sean… Good form… You do 10-15 a month yourself congrats you rock. For you to take the time and post yourself is very impressive. That earned kuddos in my book.

I am definitely going to vouch for Sean on his statements here. If you’re on a tight budget and worried about your money situation, there is no reason to buy courses.

When I got started wholesaling, I didn’t want to pay for anything and was surpised at all the free info I was able to find on the subject (especially after discovering Sean and the F2F.) He has a ton of free podcasts and a free ebook that are all exceptional motivation and learning tools. I basically used these single handedly to get started building my own wholesale business.

I definitely credit Sean almost exclusively for getting me started in wholesaling and really changing my life all together. Now, I’m a paying member of the F2F Academy and have gained tremendous insight from everything he teaches and offers.

Thanks for everything Sean!

I think Cameron Dunlap makes a good pitch, but there are some pretty important details that are only covered superficially.

Well I too have read Sean’s book I am in the process now of listening to the podcasts (great stuff) so far I like what he has to offer. There is a ton of information on this and other forums I would start there first and advise everyone looking to get started with REI to do the same.

Michelle

Sean Terry’s…because I went through his materials and it’s all good. I’m sure Cameron Dunlap’s is too. If you can have access to both, that’s even better. In fact, if you can explore everything out there, that would be the best. You will find plenty of free videos, trainings, webinars, etc… on the topic so take advantage of it. In the end, you will understand we’re pretty much talking about the same thing. Maybe the difference would just be in the approach and the teaching style.