Wholesaling...In need of help

Hello everyone. I really want to become an wholesaler in south florida But in order to do so you have to know investors. Can anyone shed some light on how to find investors. I would really appreciate it. I have been searching for a while and have not found no one

There aren’t any real estate investment clubs in South Florida? How about googling “real estate investment club [your city]”? Or you can visit meetup.com and search for real estate groups in your area. This site has a networking forums by state, visit the one for Florida.

Hook up with a real estate agent and go through the MLS looking for recent cash transactions in your area. If they bought low for cash, then sold high a few months later, it’s probably an investor. Post ads on craigslist, phantom ads for fixer uppers and investor specials. Put out we buy houses signs. Look hard money lenders in your area to network with.

South Florida is one of the most popular areas for wholesaling. A little guy call Preston Ely lives there and works with a HUGE team of wholesalers in that area.

kelle711 gave some great tips above. meetup.com should have plenty of REI clubs in your area. Another thing I would add is when searching through the MLS for cash transactions, find “repeat” buyers (people who have bought more than 1 property.) These are almost guaranteed to be investors.

@Brancordhomes You seem to have a lot of answers for being a beginner. I’ve seen two of your posts and on the first one, you said you need to start small. And, on this one, you said you need to know investors. In reality, you don’t need anything, outside of a dream and a plan. So, IMO, stop assuming you need all these things. Lock down your biggest desire, create one positive affirmation about it, recite it about a hundred times a day and put together a plan, with deadlines, to get your new wholesaling biz off the ground and in operation.

Yes, all you really need is a definite goal. Keep that goal in your mind as much as possible, visualize getting to that goal, imagine living your dream, etc. Just stay focused on what you want and you will find ways of getting it.

Call We Buy Houses signs, go to REIA meetings, Google “your city” real estate investing and related terms. Also post ads. Then network with the buyers and take them for coffee and build a relationship.

Great tips acoleman56. If you do all those things (or most of them) you will start to see results. Just remember that it takes time to builld a wholesaling business. Its not gonna happen overnight. Just be persistent with you marketing and networking and everything you want will come your way.

Maestro: You talk, on your website, about people spending money on programs, cds, dvds, etc. and not getting any results, then you want to sell your coaching program to them. What makes your program any different than others? Sorry for posting this here, but there was no link on his website to contact him directly and some of his videos are not working.

Can you reply Maestro? I will probably get thrown off the board for this but I am a newbie wholesaler and need some good, strong advice that I don’t have to pay out the nose for.

Thanks!

Couldn’t have said it better. Simply build relationship with people. Concretrate on being your highest self and keeping a good attitude. There are so many investors in Florida it God were an investor, which through us she is, She would invest in Fl.

Why would you think that you would get thrown off the board for that? I see it as ‘due diligence’. You get thrown off for a series of non-sense or continual disregard for the forum rules.

I would ask myself “Why would a “professional” not have a contact on his/her website?”

Keith

Hmm, good point. I thought I would get thrown off for talking bad about someone or being smartmouthed. But it was an honest question. He was giving Brancordhomes a hard time, thought I would check out his site and see who he was since he had his website posted under his name. He’s a coach and God knows us beginners surely need one. Still don’t understand why we would pay up front for something we only hope to get.

Your whole strategy shouldn’t be finding the wholesalers. Your overall goal is to help them find deals. You see wholesalers constantly are looking for great deals, and if you can help with the process than by God do it!

Step 1 - Find Wholesalers
Craigslist - R/E services - we buy houses
Call each and everyone one of these people and 99.9% of em are wholesalers. Ask them if they need any help and pitch them how you can better find them good deals within their pipeline

Google “We buy houses miami” “We buy houses Broward county,” etc.
Try to call local/national companies most of these website will also be wholesalers.

Other sources to find wholesalers:
This forum
Biggerpockets
Backpage - R/E services - we buy houses
Street signs

Step 2 - Sign up to their mailing list
Once you find local wholesalers, it’s imperative that you sign up to their mailing list. You do this so you have an idea of where they are constantly buying and selling deals.

Step 3 - Call and introduce your self
Hello my name is (your name),

I found you through “source” and I am also on your email list. I see that you are constantly sending me deals in (area). Listen, if you need any help looking for more deals, I am constantly looking within your same area as well. Let me know if you need any help finding REO’s, private sellers, vacant properties, etc.

• Your name

Final Step - Finding deals.

I hope this puts you closer to your goal and if you need any help let me know. I am a local wholesaler in the South Fl area, buyers are super active here, and I am kin to finding private seller leads (which are truly wholesale deals!)

That’s some great advice acego2. BiggerPockets and REI Club are the 2 sites that I spend the most time on and get the most contacts from. I would definitely recommend posting and networking on both sites frequently. It’s a great way to build your network!

I’d try to find a mentor if I were you. Try looking in Craigslist in some of the forums, or even try sites like meetup.com

Attend your local REIA (Raal Estate Investors Association) in your area. You will meet people and learn a lot.

Craigslist. Its free, try it out, post an ad, you will get some buyers, ask them what areas they buy in and what type of homes they are looking for. Log it, rinse repeat.