We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2021, 09:02:05 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2021, 09:02:05 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: county appraisal district question  (Read 2917 times)

Offline branboles

county appraisal district question
« on: June 27, 2003, 11:53:10 am »
Hi folks,

I was curious how the CAD comes up with their appraisal figures, so I called them up.  The lady I spoke with told me that they use sales data from properties that have been sold in the last year because they update appraisals once a year.  I know that there is no way to publicly find out what a property sold for in Texas (please tell me if I'm wrong about this).  My questions is, where does the CAD get this data from if it isn't publicly available?  Did I misunderstand what the CAD was telling me?  The county I'm talking about is Cameron County in south Texas, BTW.  Can anyone shed some light on this?  Thanks!

Brandon

Offline StacyKellams

• Real Estate Course Reviews
County Taxes
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2003, 11:04:22 pm »
I don't know about your county, but here in Travis County they have access to all sales data. It's probably some form of MLS that they use.

I doubt the smaller counties are as sophisticated as Travis.
www.RealEstateCourseReviews.com
"Find out which real estate investing courses will really make you money and which ones won't!"

Offline Admin

• Administrator
in addition...
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2003, 11:18:56 pm »
Brandon,
In addition to what Kellams said, the county (in my area) typically sends out a disclosure form when there's a change of title.  I'm quite certain a large number of folks dutifully fill out this "government" form that asks for the sales price and send it back.
There's Only Two Things in Life: Reasons and Results.  Reasons don't count.  - Anonymous

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines