We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2021, 07:08:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2021, 07:08:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: Where to get the money?  (Read 13242 times)

Offline Bay Area Brian

Re: Where to get the money?
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2011, 06:08:30 pm »
Tbodley74

I'm curious, where are you actually located physically, corn corners Iowa, or downtown Chicago, or somewhere more normal? Believe it or not I would love to trade places with you if it included my wife of 52 years being with me.

Yes, you would love my assets but being your age and being able to do it again would be priceless. I know what its like to be down, it has happened to me, at 34 I could have retired and never worked again thanks to real estate, but I wanted to take a shot at the jet set, and park my yacht next to Onassis's at Monte Carlo, so I financed a start up company in Silicon Valley, California. When the dust settled I had two kids, a wife, no house, and a 14 year old car and no money, and owed the equivalent of 6 new luxury homes on the best golf course.

So listen to the advice given and work your rear off, even a dollar added to your wallet is progress. I did anything to make a dime when we were in the hole and every way was up, I was wearing a suit and tie but if your shoes needed to be shined and you had the quarter I was available. Two bucks would by a sack of rice and beans and we could eat for awhile, then there were the special days when we got "tube steaks".

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines