We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 06, 2021, 11:49:18 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 06, 2021, 11:49:18 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: Time to give up real estate investing?  (Read 18119 times)

Offline Gold River

Re: Time to give up real estate investing?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 06:06:16 am »
Hi,

If it were easy everyone would do it! If it were easy it would not have huge rewards! If it were easy it would not build character and enderance! If it were easy would it be worth doing!

Every person here went through long periods of doubt, but we all got over it and went on, we perseveared, we set a goal and we stayed with it day and night every single day until we could taste it, we could smell it and we could see success on the horizon!

We were not losers, quiters or procrastinators, we did not complain (At least not very much) and we went on until we found success days, weeks, months, years and decades! We did what ever it takes to be successful!

In my early days of investing I would go 3, 4, 6 or 8 months or more without a deal, we did not have internet in 1979 or 80, there was no one to network with and no one to support investing, yet we pushed for success!

If you have come to the end of your rope and can truly say "I gave it my best" then walk away and good luck to you!

But if you have any incling you did not do enough, that you will regret for the rest of your life not pushing forward through the pain, through the bottom low times and if you don't believe for a minute that your a quitter, a wash out and a failure then you need to dig deep and you need to find the resources and create a plan to be successful!

You can do it, but it takes more than one day, one deal, one week, 10 deals, one month, 50 deals or one year five hundred deals as you just have to stay until you hit that first success, that first payday, that first taste of success and that first ah moment, to know you can make it work for a life time!

If it takes 10 years to make that first $20k, then you made $2k a year to learn, but what ever it takes it will be an experience and a wild ride like no other and you will never regret that first 50 years of learning!!!! lol

Good luck,

GR

Offline tentalentsinvestor

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 09:26:52 am »
TBodley...We will no longer respond to self-pity. See a counselor or even better a good Faith speaking Church and have a good pastor pray for you. You need inspiration, courage and hope and you wont get that in real Estate investing. You need to do some serious soul searching because I personally sense that you are disconnected from your overall sense of purpose in life. You are looking for a fast way out and RE investing is not that, no matter WHAT some guru told you. It takes dedication, persistence and conviction. Seriously, find yourself a Faith church and get some prayer and look within to see what is it you REALLY are looking for in life. REI will never fill that void.

Offline tbodley74

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 11:41:00 am »
I appreciate that. It kind of  seemed like something was about to look up for me. You may want to check your inbox again for July 27.
Hi,

If it were easy everyone would do it! If it were easy it would not have huge rewards! If it were easy it would not build character and enderance! If it were easy would it be worth doing!

Every person here went through long periods of doubt, but we all got over it and went on, we perseveared, we set a goal and we stayed with it day and night every single day until we could taste it, we could smell it and we could see success on the horizon!

We were not losers, quiters or procrastinators, we did not complain (At least not very much) and we went on until we found success days, weeks, months, years and decades! We did what ever it takes to be successful!

In my early days of investing I would go 3, 4, 6 or 8 months or more without a deal, we did not have internet in 1979 or 80, there was no one to network with and no one to support investing, yet we pushed for success!

If you have come to the end of your rope and can truly say "I gave it my best" then walk away and good luck to you!

But if you have any incling you did not do enough, that you will regret for the rest of your life not pushing forward through the pain, through the bottom low times and if you don't believe for a minute that your a quitter, a wash out and a failure then you need to dig deep and you need to find the resources and create a plan to be successful!

You can do it, but it takes more than one day, one deal, one week, 10 deals, one month, 50 deals or one year five hundred deals as you just have to stay until you hit that first success, that first payday, that first taste of success and that first ah moment, to know you can make it work for a life time!

If it takes 10 years to make that first $20k, then you made $2k a year to learn, but what ever it takes it will be an experience and a wild ride like no other and you will never regret that first 50 years of learning!!!! lol

Good luck,

GR

Offline AlfredSteve

Time to give up real estate investing?
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 10:38:47 pm »
You are right in this way because the general approach towards investing is not sufficient.But i think that it is the best time too because prices are very lower and if we do investment and wait for the boom period then our investment will give us multiple time profit.

Offline tbodley74

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 01:21:46 am »
That is why I want to get a hold of every piece of cheap property I can get a hold of.
You are right in this way because the general approach towards investing is not sufficient.But i think that it is the best time too because prices are very lower and if we do investment and wait for the boom period then our investment will give us multiple time profit.

Offline Travis Derod

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 11:50:55 am »
You need to change all of your "excuses" into "reasons" WHY you should get going!

Offline xpandergt

• The Clarion Group LLC.
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 09:13:43 pm »
Where there is a will, there is a way.
Bulls make money. Bears make money. Pigs get slaughtered!

Offline nsu1997

• I buy houses in the DC metro area!
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2011, 11:48:21 am »
"If you don't want to do something, one excuse is as good as another."
~Yiddish Proverb

Offline javipa

• Profitable Investing Strategies
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2011, 12:17:31 pm »

~Yiddish Proverb

http://youtu.be/Jal4OkZtz8g
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 12:24:21 pm by javipa »
"149 Ways (Plus One) To Find Motivated Sellers..!"  -Free Report-
>>> Click: http://sub2marketdomination.com/how-to-find-motivated-sellers-2/

Offline nsu1997

• I buy houses in the DC metro area!
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2011, 01:07:36 pm »

~Yiddish Proverb

Priceless.

Another one for the excuse-makers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obdd31Q9PqA

Offline tbodley74

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2011, 07:05:04 pm »
Great video. That guy is a beast. Who is he? Maybe it is just me, but that guy doing all the talking sounds a bit like MC Hammer.

~Yiddish Proverb

Offline lauraalamery

• Step by Step Real Estate Education and Personal Coaching at a Very Affordable Rates
Think outside the box
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2011, 01:34:37 pm »
After being in this business and surviving a couple of recessions, I can say that the investors who survive in this business are great problem solvers and are not afraid to think outside the box (and keep it legal  :biggrin)

Take it as a challenge, explore, try new approaches, but don't give up. You will become a leader in the industry and you will have followers.
Laura Al-Amery is a seasoned real estate investor. Please visit www.lauraalamery.com for Free Training Webinars, Articles and Complimentary Coaching Consultation.

Offline tbodley74

Re: Think outside the box
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2011, 08:28:02 pm »
Thanks. I admit this is a very challenging business to be in.
After being in this business and surviving a couple of recessions, I can say that the investors who survive in this business are great problem solvers and are not afraid to think outside the box (and keep it legal  :biggrin)

Take it as a challenge, explore, try new approaches, but don't give up. You will become a leader in the industry and you will have followers.

Offline chickx729

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2011, 04:02:33 pm »
It took Thomas Edison over 900 tries to invent the light bulb.  You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.  Go to deangraziosi.com for inspiration. Find Carol Stinson on that site.  She is amazing, she never leaves her house!  Watch the Dean's weekly video blogs.  Start at the very first blog.  Watch them all, I did.  You'll get motivated if you continue to be around and communicate with people that are positive.  I haven't done a deal yet but am still working towards it. 

Offline justin0419

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2011, 06:50:18 pm »
Even better, search for Dean ******** on here.. :)
If you like rock music, check out www.Lynamsucks.com
New EP titled "Halfway to Hell" is now available!
Check out the merch store on Lynam's website.

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines