Whooo! Im pumped...

Hey everyone! This website is amazing I love how helpful everyone is, like many I mainly just cruised the pages reading articles and whatnot but thats changing… :biggrin
Anyhow I just finished much of Steve Cooks wholesaling course and it was very helpful, now im ready to hit those streets! Ill be sure to keep you all posted on my progress in getting some deals done!

best of luck with your endeavours

Yeah Steve Cook has been in the game for a while.

Once you get your first deal, and close, you are really going to be pumped. :beer

ok so i’ve been posting a few ads on craigslist in order to build up my buyers list, the ad was for some homes i made up and i told them they were already under contract but that i would be sure to add them to my list when i had more available. The thing is, how can i determine whether they are serious buyers they both said they were cash buyers

you can ask them for a proof of funds…

Or, when they respond to deals you send them and they wanna buy, get them to give you an earnest money deposit. (just remember to deduct that amount from the rest of your assign fee.

Hey everyone sorry about not having posted lately, im not lost… I have just been busy with school, and work and I finally saved enough to buy some signs and I bought a voip phone number for my cell phone. Anyhow last night I ordered 100 12x18 bandit signs that should be coming in the next two weeks or so, I’m planning on using zip ties to put them on street signs.
In the meantime I’ve been building a buyers list and posting ads on craigslist. I really want to get a deal done within the next month because I just graduated high school and feel like wholesaling is the way to go in order to build up some cash reserves :bobble

Congrats on starting your new career in real estate. I agree with Delondon… Wait until you get that first five figure check!!! That is a good shot of motivation right there! :beer

My only suggestion is to staple your signs as high as you can on telephone poles. Don’t zip tie them to street signs. They will be easy to take down and the town might freak out for messing with street signs… Everyone staples crap to telephone poles so it’s not a big deal.

I’m new to this biz as well and my advice is to stay at it… There are ups and downs… But remember, A QUITTER NEVER WINS AND A WINNER NEVER QUITS!!!

im a newbie as well, i wish i got started out of high school. after 8 years of buying courses and ebooks, i finally took action. got a deal under contract in 6 weeks and to think i wasted $xxxx and 8 years with nothing to show for it!

im doing direct mail to Absentee Owners with a lil Probate mixed in there. im too lazy to hang up bandit signs which iz why i went the direct mail route LOL sounds like you know what you’re doing, good for you! one thing i was worried about was competition with other wholesalers but now i know that’s a good thing. i actually didnt build a buyers list at first, basically because i didnt know to do that. i negotiated my deal, put it up on craigslist and 9 days later …$$$!

you’re doing all the right things so far, just stay focused with it. expect 9 rejections outta 10 but that 1 is all you need! cya 'roun the forum