Your suggestions for learning resources please

Hey all

Interested in real estate investing, and am thinking with starting out strictly with a wholesale business…
Besides all the great free material here and other sites…
Do you also recommend a course or two, or following someone’s particular plan and stategies… and why?

I would love to hear any legitimate success stories in wholesaling, maybe from those that don’t sale courses themselves?

Planned on attending my first local REI club this week, but I may wait… Roger Neal is the guest and Im sure he’ll be selling stuff.

Suggestions?
I want to become as educated as possible, then have a strategic plan layed out bf starting. I was thinking following someone else’s teaching (not mentorship) would be easiest to start with. I guess I dont understand why there are so many learning courses out there… easy profits? Can they make more selling courses than wholesaling homes? I guess a few geniunely want to pass along their success…

Thank you for your patience with another newbie post.

You sound like you’re on the right track. Just one suggestion - once you get the education go ahead and start actually doing it. Nothing wrong with laying out a strategy, but make sure to avoid the “analysis paralysis” that so many new investors get stuck in. Nothing beats action. Here’s your formula: a little bit of education and a LOT of action.

Shameless plug: click my sig for info about a $1 wholesaling course.

The reason is because information marketing is highly profitable in this information age we live in. Most courses these days are available as digital downloads which essentially is free (as opposed to having to publish, print, and mail a box full of binders & CDs) so you can see the potential profit margin there. And yes it is very possible to make more selling courses than doing real estate. I’ve found that the good gurus do both. Most gurus seem to be genuine. I’d fall back on social proof to weed out the bad ones.

As it relates to learning this business I seem to relate best to Ron Legrand because I like his no-nonsense style. Also he is more or less the leading expert on creative real estate investing.

Robert Allen has a lot of helpful inexpensive training courses that you may want to research.

There is really to much to list. It really depends on your budget and how detailed and hands on you want to get.

I offer tons of free material that will get you started. You can learn more by clicking my signature block below.

In addition, I would highly recommend going through the forums there is a ton of free information to be found on here as well.

You are definitely in the right place.

Good Luck in your endeavors!

2 replies… 2 plugs… sweet. Lol

Thanks

Just trying to help PattGMC… You can’t beat free… but as we advised there are a tremendous amount of courses out there.

Robert Allen’s material is great as I stated.

I really meant it… thanks!

no problem :smile

Vena Jones Cox has one of the most detail oriented wholesaling courses of any RE Guru. Steve Cook is another.

Thanks xpander

Come on guys… help me out. I dont mind paying for good resources… but who has the legitimacy to back it up?

Im currently researching backgrounds of some of the programs’ authors.

History searches on the forums bring up some posts with legitimacy concerns…

Thanks!

Look at lease options, also, as a way to get started with real estate. Quite safe and I think the deals are easier to come by than wholesale deals. Good luck with whatever you decide.